Can we disable the new interface?

Like, is there a way to reload it the way it was before?
Because the new UI is TRASH and unusable .
The Bag/interface icons are too small for people with visual impairments, and I HATE the new options.
It’s making the game more trouble than it’s worth.
Trying to navigate through the edit mode is a nightmare, can’t y’all just have a preset option to NOT deal with this nonsense?

30 Likes

As far as i know there is no way to go back to the old UI.

Probably going to have to wait for someone to make a addon that changes it back.

1 Like

They better make an option to revert it back because this is absolutely unplayable. If this is what I’m stuck with I will probably end up quitting, which sucks because I’ve invested so many years and hours into it. But I just did one horseman que and couldn’t even see the chat or figure out what was happening with my spells. I just had to log out because I’m too frustrated.

16 Likes

Classic preset has all the same elements at the same spots they were before. How exactly is that ‘unplayable’

3 Likes

Bartender will let you change the micro bar and the bag size.

3 Likes

I tried clicking “classic” on the preset, it wouldn’t let me actually select anything.

In fact, I just tried it again, and apparently it was already in classic mode, which seems to just be having your portrait in the corner vs in the lower left side.

1 Like

To be clear, classic preset does NOT put, “all the same elements at the same spots they were before.” It affects the positioning of maybe a handful of things like your character frame, etc. The new 3-stack action bar at the bottom remains, as well as all the necessary adjustments to things like pet bar, cast bar, etc. It also still repositions a host of other items like your chat window, which you now have to open the editor mode to move/resize. Even then, the edit mode is terrible. It’s translucent & you can still interact with anything under the frame you’re trying to mess with, so editing this on the fly is more trouble than it’s worth/needs to be. There’s also no way to apply settings from one action bar to another, so you’re literally forced to micromanage every aspect of the UI. Worse yet, if the bar you’re trying to move is behind another, you have to move the other bar out of the way, first. That’s right… If your cast bar frame drops below your action bars, there’s no way to simply, “bring to front,” so you can move it. You have to move everything out of the way or disable the action bars in another menu, come back, etc. Some frames like character/target frames’ in-game animation size don’t match their size in the editor, so you have to pop back & forth to actually get it right. It’s so clunky it’s insane. It probably all seemed like a great idea to people who don’t actually play the game every day.

18 Likes

How do we kill this new interface and go back to the old one? Because as it is now it’s completely unplayable for me.

16 Likes

You don’t.

Overcome, Adapt, Improvise - Gunny Highway

4 Likes

I agree! Blizzard needs to make something that allows us to revert back entirely to the old interface. This new UI is total crap. If you attempt to customize, you are constantly moving it around to accommodate all of the different components of the game…and for what? This should simply be an interface add-on, not a requirement for all players. /VOTE PUT IT BACK

11 Likes

Feedback needs to be in the UI and Macro forum or the General Discussion forum.

Unfortunately, the development team doesn’t come to the CS forums for feedback.

3 Likes

This is super lame, instead of playing tonight, we are sitting here trying to get our interface playable.-and are now here complaining. We are not elite players, but average joes who have enjoyed the game for years. This is a game, not our job. We want to enjoy our evenings, not be frustrated. If people wanted their interface changed, they did that through add-ons. no one was forced to. Now we are all forced to. I don’t want this. It looks like I am not the only one. No longer looking forward to Dragonflight. Good thing I (and the people I play with ) have not purchased it yet.
Clearly, blizzard did not listen during BETA. Plenty of people don’t want to deal with this. I am not paying for a big struggle. That being said, Imma stay logged off tonight and find something else to do.

7 Likes

unfortunately, my bartender icon is no where to be found, even as i enable or disable bartender from the add on menu. If i could get to bartender half of my problem would be solved.

3 Likes

BT had an update earlier this evening. Works for me now.

3 Likes

JFC, you people complaining about something new, without even giving things a try need to go touch some grass. Breath.

inside good, outside bad, big yellow thing in sky burn

The UI is basic, but this is a big upgrade to offer a grid. I can finally move some things where I want them, but you still can’t move the quest log or map to a place where you want it to pop up. The raid frames can be changed to class colors after all, thanks to the helpful community, but I wish the raid frames were more customable. The bank bag is my biggest gripe at this moment, it’s terrible that I have to click all the bags open to open 5 little bags? I have no idea where anything is and it’s annoying. I really hope they fix this and give us a combine bank bag w/reagent bag option!

3 Likes

Thank god for bartender!

2 Likes

Quest log, mini map, class colors and combined bank bag all are possible with the new UI.

Press ESC and click on Edit Mode, all those things are within.