Can We Build a Home?

FF14 and many other games are doing it.

1 Like

Because they have the engine in place that can handle it.

1 Like

Gadgetzan housing pls Blizzard. Some of us live the mercenary dream.

1 Like

We’ll never have the opportunity to appreciate it, because the current devs don’t appreciate their players enough to do anything other than raise ilvl on the same dungeon drops all expansion and repurpose armor sets for two patches.

I guess they’re really good at designing fights, but that’s all they got.

Like garrisons, you cannot customize what you get. The island is the very shape you are limited to, and everyone gets the same layout. Not very nice, but also not too big of a deal. It is also instanced… takes you out of the world and lacks immersion like real world housing, but again – pros and cons.

Finally, and this is a big one: major lack in customization options compared to FFXIV. It simply cannot compare. First of all, the selection of items is really bare, you cannot enter the buildings you place on your plot, nor can you customize them to any degree either. It is far inferior to FFXIV in every dimension, having ‘more land’ does not really make up for it. Once you gain affinity with NPCs you can have them in your island, but again they add little flavor and have zero AI unlike in the WoW garrisons where you’ll see them do stuff and interact, which gives it flavor and life.

And, like the thing most people criticize WoW for, you use the island as a place to send NPCs out on missions and other stuff, not unlike the garrison. There is also the problem of taking people out of the world (since its instanced) if you make it a place worth staying at. If you don’t, then it is a “waste of dev resources”.

No.

You’ll be a murder hobo and you’ll like it.

Where do we actually live by the way in the wow Universe ? on the street like some peasant or like a wild animal in the open world

Not with the current design structure of the game. Even let’s just talk basic stuff. House styles, how does this work? Do we all get the same flat thing to kind of work with? How about additional furnishings? Additional house styles if possible, are they achievement based or are they just a flat gold amount? Gold amount? How much is reasonable for people that won’t lead to people bawling their eyes out that what they want is “too much”?

For all intents and purposes, I think housing would feel very empty because the game isn’t really built to support it (like can you sleep in your bed? Can you sit in any chair? Can you interact and drink from a keg furnishing or does it just exist?). However I think the single biggest problem it would encounter would be from the logistics of how to implement additional options, and how to do so in a way that doesn’t absolutely enrage the playerbase. Imagine crazy house styles being locked being Mythic raiding. While sensible, holy hell would people grab the pitchforks and torches.

Same, it’s a noble goal and feature to want. Just because the company is incompetent, the game probably not being able to support it, or the playerbase likely having every conceivable problem with what you would reasonably get doesn’t mean it’s a bad system. I hope they manage to do this when they inevitably have to remake the game and start fresh.

One of my fav mods in skyrim is you find a little hideout and can make a home in it. It’s just cozy.

I’m not super thrilled about player housing but if we were given something I would at least prefer something like this

its an alternative for ppl like me who dont play FFX however
I like it, to each there own

1 Like

The next expansion should just be all about building houses, starting a family, getting a job, and all that jazz. Just the most casual of all expansions.

1 Like

World Building of Warcraft

1 Like

I’ve said it before…

As long as that house is
NOT REQUIRED IN ANY WAY
for my character to progress,
and we don’t “lose a raid tier”,
I couldn’t care less.
But this is Blizzard…

So it can be done

I’d gladly sacrifice a raid tier or two for housing.

But I do agree that it should be completely uncoupled from power progression, especially expansion specific ones.

If they wanted to add an evergreen feature then housing could it it. Just think, each expansion brings something different and allows you to further customize your house. This would work for future and past expansions.

Personally I would prefer one house per server where all my toons, both Horde and Alli, can hang out.

I absolutely want player housing. The game has SO many different furniture models and do-dads that they wouldn’t need to do any art design. Just a quality in-game UI / placement tools coupled with the ability to acquire those furniture items in ways that are fun and make sense.

The only stipulation is that I do NOT want housing if it is tied in anyway to my player power. I’m fine when doing contact to earn furniture and the like, but my house should not make me feel more powerful, and I shouldn’t feel like I have to do it. I want housing to be a separate system, like Pet Battles, as opposed to another Garrison.

1 Like

If this were to be added, there are 2 things (in my opinion) should have.

1. ALL characters on each account should have share a home, not 1 home per character.
  2. The player can choose where to place it, but to limit the option (a horde character can’t choose to place it in an alliance territory or vice versa)

Unfortunately the game world (not the lore world) is just too small for the million remaining players to be able to build a home without it being instanced/phased, and when it’s instanced or phased it doesn’t feel as immersive, like the WoD garrison.

Yes, in games designed for it to be a part of it.

Which is not WoW.