Can We Break Certain Automated PVP AddOns?

Except they wouldn’t. If someone has nameplates up, you are notified on Gladius at the same exact point as someone would be notified through nameplates by the big red flippin’ nameplate that says Grounding Totem.

Again, there is no addon that I know of which automates targeting for you. Someone deliberately making a macro to target something such as Arena 1, Arena 2, or Arena 3 macros is different, and completely valid and recommended.

Yes, everyone has access to these.

But do you know what not everyone has access to? Totems. Specifically, you have an advantage on people with things that your addons specifically can do to others that can’t affect -you-.

Dude if totems weren’t mean to be canceled they would be immune to damage xD

No…what’s easier is if you use the raid profile to keep an eye on everyone and click the person in the raid profile you need to heal.

Yes, and your totems are very powerful. And they should absolutely be totem stomped. You’ll live.

If I run at you, for example, and I do not fear you because I know you have tremor totem up, and you drop it. Me tabbing and killing it, and then actually fear bombing you is not an issue. That’s called getting outplayed.

2 Likes

So you are a poor healer as well as a Hunter.

Duly noted.

1 Like

Anything that gives you an advantage over any other class as automation should not be allowed. Period.

I did heal without mouseover macros for a while actually.

You get used to it, but it’s not something I’d ever go back to doing after using mouseover for so long.

1 Like

Yep. I guess not using add-ons and macros makes you bad at this game. Seems, the only way this game or anyone who plays it can be good is if you get third-party software. Pretty sad there

Do you not understand what the word automated means?

Automated would require no input from the player. Someone hitting a macro key isn’t “automated”.

It’s not automation. Again, in the example I provided, nothing is automated. Information being understood and read is not automation. It’s why we have addons like Omnibar which tracks enemy cooldowns, Gladius which delivers information better.

Hell, people used Losa for the longest time because it was a woman yelling in your ear that people did something. If a warrior popped sharpen, this woman literally yelled “VERY MORTAL STRIKE” clear as day so you knew you were about to be hit hard as hell.

Information delivery is not automation. Understand that.

Killing totems is not an advantage, it’s intended game design. Using macros and addons are not against the TOS and since anyone has access to these tools, it’s not an advantage.

You’re just sad that you lost. Quit being a sore loser.

Macros are cheap. You don’t need to be good because you have macros, gj

Which is why I’m saying it should be. Entire point of the thread.

Killing totems is an advantage over someone, especially if your AddOns target them / point them out easily.

You have no skill. Your AddOns are doing your work for you.

1 Like

Macros are not third party.

Type /macro in game to make some.

How would you know as a less-dps-than-tank?

Again, the default nameplates point out your totems clear as day. It is not hard to spot a grounding totem, tab to it, and kill it. You are making way bigger of a deal out of this than is necessary.

Then why do you have an AddOn that does it for you if it’s not hard?

Guess what…they kind of are. Because YOU write the macros, YOU are the developer. With a macro, you’re writing a script

I don’t know how many times we can explain that an addon is not doing it.

That advantage still exists with or without addons. Your totems have always been able to have been killed. Since day one. I get the feeling you’re just upset that your totems are killable in the first place.

That is the purpose of addons.