Can We Break Certain Automated PVP AddOns?

You know, the ones that auto-interrupt and auto-target shaman’s totems and such?

There’s no skill involved if an addon does it for you.

If you can negate some classes’ key plays automatically with no input from yourself, there’s no point in those classes having such easily-avoidable mechanics.

2 Likes

I thought Blizzard broke auto targetting for totems years ago.

2 Likes

Nope.

In a PVP situation, I’ve had, instantly, people destroy counter-strike totems, healing totems, etc. as soon as they’re put down. Like, not even looking at them. Just moonfired.

1 Like

Im curious how that works. Pretty sure macros won’t do it.

/tar works on them.

1 Like

You make targeting macros.

1 Like

They should require manual clicks or tab-targeting.

Well sounds like I will have to start dropping totems like crazy then as a devensive. The totems will draw the fire from the addons.

Why is tab targeting okay but targeting macros not lmao

Because tab targeting is wild and unpredictable. :woman_shrugging:

Because if I tab target, I CAN target the totem, or I can target that squirrel 40 yards away.

3 Likes

Tab targeting doesnt work on them last i checked.

Let me guess, you think pets wouldn’t either?

You’ll be ok.

You’re not going to convince anyone that Blizz needs to remove add-ons or macros, but you will get hundreds of responses and a lot of trolls.

I agree though. Add-ons and macros should be disabled for PvP. Someone want to argue about how good they are in PvE and doesn’t effect anyone, fine. World PvP, I guess you can’t do anything about it if you allow PvE.

But in strictly PvP content, arenas and battlegrounds, there should be no add-ons and macros.

1 Like

They’re not addons.

I can make a macro that’ll target your totem and moonfire without addons.

1 Like

One, you can’t tab target critters, and two target macros work for just about everything.

Blizzard broke auto-targetting years ago, and if someone is auto-interrupting, then they’re hacking. If someone got lucky, then they got lucky. If it’s consistent, then report them for suspicious activity.

If someone has a focus kick macro and you got kicked because they were paying attention, then there’s no issue there.

2 Likes

The OP disagrees.

Functions the same way as Rare-Scanner.

TUrns out the guy who doesn’t want addons in the game doesn’t want addons in PvP. Who could have saw that one coming.

I know of no PvP addon which forcefully targets something for you, and make you do an action to it. Gladius provides an information panel which people can target you with just like they would enemy arena frames, but that’s allowed in the AWC and seen as more than fair.

If I right click your portrait and focus you, and you go to cast something and I silence you because I responded, there is nothing foul in that interaction.