Can We BAN Advertisement Of Boosting?

It’s only allowed in the services channel. So report the others.

3 Likes

Just turn off the services channel.

4 Likes

Please don’t ruin something that is absolutely wonderful for many, many players, both giving and receiving boosts. The tears ruined it for quite some time before, and I’m sure you’ll ruin it again one day. But please just stop. It has absolutely nothing to do with you if you aren’t using them. Want the token price to maintain some kind of normalcy? That’s definitely your best chance.

Sounds like it should be banned everywhere but there then. And we can silence that channel so only the people interested need to get it.

Selling raid runs should be another restricted too.

I’d probably be in favor of that. But in this economy? xd

It is. But people need to report these accounts. Blizz can go through and silence them, but they can’t do it if they’re not reported. There’s also a billion of those things, so one down, seven billion more to go. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

It’s already banable behavior, report them posting anywhere else, blizzard will take action. Here’s that post:

Here’s the original post: New Services Advertisement Policy

3 Likes

They get banned and immediately create a new account and start posting again

Considering they specifically made /5 for them, I’m guessing you’re correct.

Boosting is a plague on the game. Anyone involved in boosting groups who advertise anywhere except in the boosting channel should be banned, not just the advertisers. Blizzard should pay for a boost from one those advertisers, joint the raid, and ban every account in the raid.

It’s bad enough it’s allowed in its own channel, the penalty for allowing it to bleed into other channels or the group finder should be far more extreme.

It absolutely affects anyone interacting with others for groups - people who pay for boosts are definitionally geared and scored above their means.

Banning the advertising account isn’t enough; they need to ban the raid the boost is advertising. Simple 1 2 4 8 day etc etc would do the trick just fine. People might stop joining boost groups without first vetting the advertising party.

If it is not in that single channel, you can report them but from what I have seen all that does it toss them on an ignore list until they switch to another mule.

It’s not to stop the ability to be able to do it. It’s to stop the ADVERTISEMENT of boosting.
It’s so bad for the game and is one method gold sellers and buyers are operating.

For your friends or guildies that are going to help boost you or boosting yourself on another account that’s fine. I like boosting people for free on my Prot Paladin.

I want ADVERTISEMENT of Boosting BANNED in all chat channels. Not boosting itself.

If they ban boosting, then they should ban GDKP’s. Won’t happen, Make use of the ignore function.

I call bs. I’m a human player that does boosting for gold. I don’t sell or buy anything. I buy the overprices GDKP runs.

In a world where there are no gold buyers or gold farming bots I think GDKP is a fine system.

Advertisement of Boosting is out of hand and should be banned. It tackles one problem of gold buying services. You’re making so much gold from Boosting because of botted gold that was bought with real money sets the price to get boosted. So you benefit from the activity.

The Boosting spam in all chat channels is not good for the game. And boosting in general as a paid service with real money is very lame for the game.

I posted this in the wrong Forum Section, I wanted to post this for Classic WoW.

When you make the report, it automatically puts them on your ignore list temporarily (once you relog it clears). So you don’t have to see it over and over. Bliz reviews the reports and will make a determination if further action will be taken. I’ve seen plenty complaining about being suspended for it (sift through the customer support forum), so Bliz will definitely take action. Also, if they’re advertising on a level 1, or a toon that isn’t participating in the run, they should be reported.

I’m okay with it. Should be a permaban with an ip ban as well.

Agreed, and remember to do your duty and report all advertisements in the group finder. o7

This why i dont like full servers. High pop are my favorite size. Low and medium are ghost towns.