Can we ask for more privacy features in forums to feel more secure?

We keep asking you to share the article, you keep refusing and give us the “talking points”.

We are adults and can read the article and come to our own conclusions, thank you.

5 Likes

The only benefit to anonymous posting is hiding your REAL information, such as name, address, etc.

None of that is available via your fake character owned by blizzard on a public forum. You are already anonymous.

None of this is available through your battletag, either, unless you chose to include that information in the battletag which is your fault. They can be changed, anyway.

What you’re asking for, you already have and will remain to have even if they add battletags.

The only thing that changes is that you can’t pretend to be other people to further your argument, bypass ignores or have unlimited likes and flags.

2 Likes

ok that sounds good, should you choose to have a discussion regarding the talking points i previously posted, i will be happy to respond.

i hope you have a lovely day, friend :slight_smile:

here are the benefits i found in an article that i already previously posted:

Well until you link the article I will not.

I’ll bring up my own points and you can discuss those once I find articles and post their summaries.

Otherwise good day my sand digging friend. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Didn’t read it all. But I think this what they are referring to

Look at Yik Yak, for example–an anonymous social networking app favored by teens. It’s made headlines ever since it launched because of the flat-out bullying and harassment it enables just by virtue of its anonymity. It even played a pivotal role in a [game end] at my alma mater, University of Mary Washington.

It’s pretty easy to make a case that allowing people to interact anonymously online is a slippery slope, and in today’s environment of rampant cyber bullying, a good first step towards eliminating a lot of problems would be unmasking people online and not letting them hide behind a cloak of anonymity.

Huh, imagine that.

4 Likes

So you say because you won’t actually share the source that you’re getting that data from.

4 Likes

Certainly the same should hold true in the world of professional communities, no? Actually, especially in the context of professional communities, there is value behind being able to participate anonymously, within reason. In some professional communities, the “real name” policy can actually be a detriment to participation if people don’t want to ask questions among their peers for fear of being thought ignorant or unqualified in their field of expertise.

Which could easily be applied to these forums when it comes to doing content.

1 Like

If you are referring to a streamer like mode for world of warcraft itself that could be handy for LFG. On the forum though it would be quite the hindrance due to being unable to easily add someone and or whisper them in the game without knowing their name or realm.

The trolls lost the general audience, it not being seen. Why this thread hasn’t been locked is a bit weird.

1 Like

yes the concept of anonymous posting in professional communities can be applied to the forums.

Because it stands as a testament to why fully anonymous posting is a terrible idea. All the proof is here and all they have to do is show this thread, and the others, to the higher ups.

One look at this clown fest and the higher ups will completely brush anonymous posting off the table, if it was ever even there to begin with.

4 Likes

As well as any Btag or account wide ignore system, since the mods had to unlist it.

1 Like

Is the account wide ignore thread unlisted?

I checked over there. That thread is not unlisted.

5 Likes

As dumb as it might be, I’d still be willing to read Madelke’s “harvard study” that they keep supposedly summarizing for us.

But they won’t, so this discussion is truly pointless, even more so than it already was.

It’s been unlisted, so nothing here has a chance of being relevant. Good luck to those who want to keep going in circles.

6 Likes

Account wide ignore is dead in this thread, but the actual post about it has not been unlisted.

3 Likes

I guarantee you they only said harvard because it’s more “prestigious” than the one Niko posted, as if that’s some kinda gotcha :dracthyr_lulmao:

2 Likes

Indeed. I was looking up resources to further the conversation but you are correct.

I have more pressing matters to attend to than debate with such mind numbing fallacies.

I’d be surprised if the mods didn’t make the connection between posters in this thread and that.