Can we ask for more privacy features in forums to feel more secure?

here are some positives of anonymous posting that i’ve found from an article:

1. members previously unwilling to participate coming out of their shells and becoming active participants;
  2. discussions that may otherwise not have taken place because of the sensitivity of an issue;
  3. touchy legal issues possibly mitigated because identifying information of individual participants has been removed.

sounds like a winning solution to me.

May I have the article title, please?

Actually, with that snippet, I should be able to find it.

i’ve already copied and pasted the main parts of it.

I’m sure harvard made an article about new players wanting anon on the wow forums :dracthyr_lulmao:

Oh dear. If the main article is that short, I fear that it is very short if so.

Did you happen to use AI by chance to generate that instead of perhaps linking the actual article?

Chuckles

1 Like

i summarized the important parts for you.

I would prefer the actual article.

Why are you being obtuse?

2 Likes

but the main points have already been summarized, nothing really more is needed.

I wouldn’t be asking for it if nothing more was needed. You claimed there was data within the article, yet you’re just leading me around like a dog on a walk.

Also if you wish to have an actual discussion and not this… whatever you want to call this… it’s best to have the article you’re summarizing.

Well, give me the title of the summery then of the article so I can try to look it up myself.

yes and i summarized it for you in the post above.

i have provided the main talking points of the discussion.

And yet you still refuse to link or share it. How odd.

4 Likes

You repeating what you’ve already stated is not helping matters any and, infact, making you appear as though you’re just talking to be talking.

Based upon how they’ve acted previously, it’s par for the course.

At this point, we cannot have a logical discussion without the “article” they were reading.

but you keep asking me the same question, so obviously i am going to reply to you with the same answer.

why don’t you read my talking points regarding the positive benefits of anonymous posting and then formulate a question based upon those to continue the discussion?

So blizzard is lying then? It states on the battle net website that your battle tag is your PUBLIC facing user name. :thinking:

3 Likes

Then how about I word it like this, can you provide to me documentation of any degree that references what you were discussing?

I have, and I cannot make a logical conclusion without reading the article.

I understand you’re passionate about the issue, but sticking one’s head in the sand going “nuh uh” is not helping your cause.

5 Likes

that is unfortunate, i did provide some very clearly stated positive benefits to anonymous posting, should you want to discuss those i would be happy to.

No, I’m fine with no Btags, just want account wide ignores. Many many people feel the same.

Where is this article, which is presumably paywalled?

Cherry picked most likely. Just list the title, what are you afraid of?

2 Likes

Well I can discuss those if you were to, again, provide the article you found instead of just playing keep away with the article.

Otherwise feel free to place me on ignore if you so wish to do so.

Non existent apparently. I will find 2 articles, one for and one against anonymous posting in online spaces and just post them here.

Since they clearly just want to keep digging their head in the sand and act as though it isn’t important information to have a logical and intellectual discussion.

3 Likes