Can we ask for more privacy features in forums to feel more secure?

meaning blizzard can still see the topic and view OP’s replies and take them into account when determining what/if any changes should be made to the forums.

Awww cute kitty c:

Again, I admire your optimism, as misplaced and unjustified as it is.

Also, they don’t bury ideas they take take seriously.

2 Likes

i would like to return those kind words back to you in regards to btags :slight_smile:

We all know those would eventually be coming, just a matter of when.

it’s been almost two years, though.

I’ll forgive your inattentiveness. You’ve managed to place your head somewhere that makes it difficult to see the post I made quite some time ago saying I don’t give a warm bucket of spit about battletags on the forums.

1 Like

the best option in terms of any future updates would be to give players a choice -

do you want to use btags and have them displayed on your avatar? great, you can press a button to toggle your btags on your avatar.

then everyone who doesn’t want their personal information shared on their public character avatar can press the button to toggle off btags.

win-win, everyone is happy :slight_smile:

You do have the choice. Either don’t use the forums at all or accept Blizzard’s final decision. That is your choice.

2 Likes

By the way, we are still waiting on the data that you claim to have on new players wanting the anonymous posting feature.

Can you please share that?

7 Likes

where did blizzard say that their final decision is adding btags to the forums?

i must have missed that blue post

1 Like

Do new players often frequent the forums? Honestly, I’ve been playing since 2012 and I’ve only just started using the forums about three months ago :dracthyr_lulmao: It was never a thought to me unless I was googling a problem.

Then I would read the post and forget about the forums again.

Actually, I do not go to them to browse. I understand the dangers of them and would prefer to not visit them at all.

The only reason I partook in visiting 4chan earlier in this thread was to see how bad that random section was. That was when I was met with the liability waver for the website. It worked and I did not read that section of the website.

I believe they were saying in general not regarding battle tags. Whatever blizzard decides to do is what blizzard decides to do.

I see this topic is now unlisted… intriguing.

1 Like

The unlisting might just be to buy some time while they decide what should be done about the thread in general. I don’t think it’s worth scrolling through and trying to remove unrelated posts. Most of the posts that are even relevant are going in circles.

4 Likes

Fair. I did link articles and what not throughout the thread which I hope they leave that information here.

I tried to be as on topic as I could possibly be while also providing examples within the thread of why animosity is to not be practiced on the forums with the original posters suggestions.

I believe forums users are quite a small percentage of the player population. When I started at launch, everyone was new but there was an active group of people on the forums. Each server had their own forum and so a lot of it felt more relevant I think because a lot of the people you saw posting in game were also people you’d see in the world. That’s not the case these days as most of the people I see are not from my servers. That just felt different.

I took a long break from the forums in the middle and it’s different now because of how the game has evolved.

2 Likes

The public can still the actual username.

3 Likes

There is no personal information unless someone is dumb enough to use their real name as their battle tag. It’s all PUBLIC

2 Likes

That information has been provided to that paladin multiple times.

I believe it just isn’t being comprehended and / or they are ignoring the provided information.

2 Likes

it actually is not.