Can we ask for more privacy features in forums to feel more secure?

With the level of disrespect already shown, it isn’t reasonably possible to have a level conversation about anything related to forum changes.

Also, this is another prime example of trolling.
“Battle tags make it easier for people to contact me that I don’t want!” - Their argument against battletags on forums.
“Blocking battletag requests make it harder to make connections!” -Their argument against blocking unwanted contact through battletags.

The person is trolling, full stop.

5 Likes

Tell me again what the thread title is?

Does it say anonymous posting? No.

It asks for “more privacy features”.

My suggestion would increase privacy.

Therefore it is on topic and you are derailing the thread with your refusal to discuss it.

6 Likes

here are some issues with your “solution”:

1. putting visible btags on the forums allows everyone to view every poster’s btags - even if they aren’t subbed to wow.

2. labelling an account with a btag on the forums does not stop people attempting to bypass ignores because they can just hop onto a new account anyways.

3. implementing btags would likely cost a lot of time and money for blizzard, but it does not solve the “sock-puppet” issue.

so if two people disagree with you after btags are implemented, will you just complain that these two people (with different btags) are the same person but using two different bnet accounts?

1 Like

You can’t force me to be debate anything.

I’ll believe what I want and that’s that.

2 Likes

I can ask you to stay on topic though, something you are refusing to do.

So again, what problem do you have with my solution?

2 Likes

ok i’ve discussed your proposal and argued there are issues with it, how do you respond to those issues i mentioned?

2 Likes

Umm… You are suggesting that your user tag is constantly being rotated into something else. How in the maw do you think people are going make friends like that? You’ve already made it clear that you don’t want other people messaging you. So obviously that wouldn’t be a choice by your logic.

You’re really just making this up as you go along aren’t you.

6 Likes

Also, funny thing about a BattleTag block option, is that it would be optional and something you could turn on or off at will.

So they really have nothing to complain about except being angry that an actual solution has been proposed.

3 Likes

You can scroll through the previously closed threads.

Ayukama can direct you.

I hadn’t made my suggestion yet. So there’s no way you could have answered my question before I asked it.

if you want to implement battletags but allow everyone to turn it off whenever they want, sure that works.

we could do the same thing for the Overwatch 2 randomized names for the forums - anyone who wants a randomized name when logging into the forums will get a randomized name and anyone who wants to post with their btag as their handle can use their btag: win - win, right? everyone gets what they want

1 Like

If they really do go with making Btags viewable, it would be an optional feature.

Not forced on users.

1 Like

that is perfectly reasonable to me: implement btags but make them completely optional

2 Likes

The only option you’d have is if you wanted to also display one of your characters alongside it.

So once again, explain what is wrong with my suggestion.

just make btags optional, everyone wins.

1 Like

So you’d force them on us all.

Yep. No reason not to.

Now explain what is wrong with my suggestion.

That would make it easier for users to target other users, as they already have in this thread alone.

Yeah that’s a hard NO. I’m not going to respect the opinion of someone who spews that kind of vile crap.

6 Likes