Can we ask for more privacy features in forums to feel more secure?

We are already anonymous, we are already secure, and if we encounter unwanted contact in the game the account wide ignore feature works there so we can report and ignore and be done with it.

Not to mention that everything the op wants can be achieved simply by posting on a throwaway Forum character on Classic that you don’t play.

This topic is redundant and I’m also tired of putting in actual discussion in a thread where even the original posters don’t want to discuss the topic.

5 Likes

From my understanding, the original poster made a thread directly to Vrak within the customer support forum section and Vrak reopened the previous incarnation of the thread after cleaning up some of the banter.

It was then filled with drivel that got it locked. When looking at the notation for moderation notes in the original poster’s thread, it appears that Vrak gave them permission to create yet another thread pertaining to the topic.

Now as to why it was permitted I am unsure. To this old wolf it appears as spam but it’s hard to say what the rhyme and reasoning is becoming of from moderation.

I personally object anonymous posting and I do hope that any discussion pertaining to the topic is laid to rest in this thread.

5 Likes

I’d have to say no but only because there isn’t anything really important that anyone says on these forums to merit anonymity.

I’ve been here since 2011 and I can’t think of 1 time that I’ve ever read anything really important.

1 Like

You’ve clearly never seen me talk about tacos, then. That’s always very important.

1 Like

did someone say tacos?

1 Like

No, less “privacy” and anonymity on forums, not more. Battletags need to be attached to posts.

2 Likes

As stated before, the “freedom to post more openly” means more trolls if you look at the internet.

The threat of punishments and bans do not deter this behavior.

Also, there are a number of ways to post on throwaway characters as it is.

5 Likes

2 Likes

bc he said it was just the same ol “youre a troll, youre x, youre y” like every other topic
and its getting incredibly annoying. at the end of the topic the op wasnt fighting it was everyone else. at this point just let the op have their thread and their 2c on it bc if it isnt truiy hurting no one and thats their opinion then let it be. obviously its not getting postitve feedback so going on and on and being rude and mean does nothing.
just let them have it bc this ignore crap is SO annoying now and ppl gettin sick of it.

3 Likes

Well, we can discuss the topic at hand and proceed forward. All we can do in that regard. What are your thoughts on the subject?

Numerous people have stated how they rebuke the idea, including this old wolf. I find the idea quite harmful if it came to be due to the implications of how folks can or can’t act.

i don’t think it would matter to me if my name was “bunny31289” and had a pic of a donut because i dont sit here go diggin thru ppls armories or look at what ppl post on when they talk on here. i feel like if youre on a forum you have to realise ppl do have opinions, if you think everyone is a troll then why are you here? i look at ppls context and go from there, idc if ur a lvl 10 hunter w/e i just wanna chat abt stuff lol. so for ops idea, im neither here or there. i get called troll even when i admit to using this dk as a throwaway bc i dont wanna be harassed in-game.

we can also find improvements like the ignore feature more readily available, when you block someone, it hides their post completely, the report function w/ more options and even downvote button so people wont opt to using the report as a down button. there is more things we can suggest instead of the same crap that we have been fighting on for like 2 years…

3 Likes

Better yet can we have threads made by people we have ignored not show up in the thread list of the people that have them ignored

6 Likes

Another Nelfas thread asking for things that already exist on these forums (and is actively using himself). I could’ve sworn posting the same thread over and over and over again ad nauseam was against the Code of Conduct… When is he getting his forum vacation?

3 Likes

I’ve traveled many miles in my lifetime, and I have found that that some individuals are below the intellectual poverty line.

I tend to pat them on the head and tell them that ice cream is on the way.

2 Likes

Wound up with 2 of the items I needed, finished the meta, then did some other random achievements.

Normally yes, but if you complain to the mods in the right way, you can apparently get special permission to break the rules as they are written (even if your own behavior is partially responsible for the previous 3 topics getting locked a total of 4 times).

5 Likes

Glad to hear it :slight_smile:

Also um… if anyone wants to take a gander at the “spider modification option” thread to showcase how some people can act on the forums… well it’s still there.

I would include a link but I am not sure if linking the thread in here would or would not get myself in trouble. I want to be a good wolf and not get myself into trouble for other’s transgressions in other threads.

1 Like

I’ve seen this thread too many times. At this point it is spamming and breaks that rule…

2 Likes

That thread is a big yikes, and OP’s idea would embolden more people to do exactly that.

4 Likes

I would hate to see a forum where that poster can just keep making anonymous posts. In all fairness they are still fairly anonymous but that does go to show that there is some heinous behavior that can happen around here.

1 Like