Can we ask for more privacy features in forums to feel more secure?

again, someone has to pay $15/month to do that to troll the forums. the number of people willing to go there is probably insignificant.

5 Likes

but it is still an option, so btags would solve nothing.

1 Like

I like to save my breath on that one. Oxygen and brain strength are valuable to me

1 Like

They think that paying $15 a month is the same as taking 10 seconds to create a new character. There’s no reasoning with some people.

6 Likes

I disagree. making juvenile and stupid trolling more inconvenient is to the benefit of all but the trolls.

bring it on.

6 Likes

but what would you request from blizzard when you see many people using different accounts to post from multiple btags?

“Yeah, but not a whole army of them. Two accounts equal two Characters. With out Battle Tags they can post on ALL their alts, and not be connected. With Battle Tags ALL their alts would be connected, so people would know it was the same person switching to flag/report. It is really that simple.”
/smile

4 Likes

people can just post from more than one account to bypass the btag identifier…

it is really that simple - btags don’t solve the sock puppetting issue

2 Likes

at that point I’d have nothing to ask for but actual forum moderation.

There is zero reason not to implement battle tags on the forums. you don’t need to be protected - your battle tag is not personally identifiable information.

5 Likes

ok so just ask for actual forum moderation now instead of btags - problem solved :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want both

“That would only give them ONE per Account. That would be so much better than MANY PER ACCOUNT.”

you don’t need both.

actual forum moderation solves the problem

1 Like

because sockpuppeting is not thing.

2 Likes

“Oh yes it is.”

3 Likes

I disagree.

bring on the battle tags, please blizz. stop allowing people to jump from alt to alt as if they’re different people.

9 Likes

I like how they think people will spend a large sum of money to harass people, but that anonymous posting will be all sunshine and rainbows.

2 Likes

“So much this! With Battle tags they can’t use an ARMY of Alts. They would only get ONE per Account.”

2 Likes

but wait? you literally just said that you would want

which would solve people posting from multiple accounts, right?

btags doesn’t solve people posting from multiple accounts… so why spend all this time and resources on implementing btags when it doesn’t solve anything?

1 Like

Yep.

Just overblown nowadays.

Even the mods say to just ignore them, no replies, no response whatsoever.

Which many have shown they cannot do.

2 Likes