Can we ask for more privacy features in forums to feel more secure?

If you want to be friend, you must say yes.

And trust me, you WANT to be my friend. My friendship comes with lovely cat pics, cat memes and cute cat gifs :smiley: With the occasional llama gif. Trust me, you don’t want to miss out on this!

That really sucks :confused: I’m glad you’re doing okay now and I hope you never have to deal with creeps like that again. Hopefully, WoW has been friendlier to you, as well.

Thank you for sharing your story with us, I know it’s not easy to dig into the past and put parts of ourselves out there.

1 Like

If you feel as though someone has harmed you, it would be best to not engage with the person and place the person onto ignore in addition to reporting posts.

7 Likes

and OP and others accusing others of a crime they didn’t commit, which them calling people stalkers over public information about their pixels.

Honestly at this point, any “Stalking” accusations like that should be reported.

Then why don’t you, and those that are pro btag do the same in that case.

1 Like

I wouldn’t engage with that Worgen, she causes drama by lying and even faked evidence one time.

And as far i’m concerned, i didn’t see anybody told her to self harm herself.

(Well other then Stormfury i should say)

1 Like

I will report posts as necessary when I have more flags to use. I am currently limited in my capacity as I only have a few flags to use.

I simply posted what I did regarding the subject at hand. I post resources and links to items that may be of importance to the discussion, regardless of the source.

I’m personally ok with battle tags as long as the number is not displayed or is partially blocked. I do understand, however, that there are a few that do not like that idea and that has been discussed.

Again, if you feel as though there’s posts to report please do so and ignore the people harassing you.

3 Likes

Where? I did not. This is a made up story again.

1 Like

you can opt out of check-pvp by making an account and hiding all your alts.

this is the issue with battle tag posting or account wide ignores - there would be no way to opt out of it and then people could use that information to find all of your alts.

this is why i think battletags and account wide ignores should never come to the forums.

1 Like

It does suck those things happen, but that’s the fault of the person.

Even if there isn’t any checkpvp or armories, that person would’ve done it anyways if they were determined enough. Might even be worse without it.

Check PvP purfose, isn’t to be a sockpupper checker (Tho that’s kind of what it is plus Armory is now), but it’s mainly used to check the player’s progress on things and etc. Simply like the Armory but a lot more user friendly.

There is absolutely no ability to do this with Battletags or a unified forum ID. You would need to accept the friend request on Battle.net, to begin with - and even if you do, you can much more easily remove and block someone on Battle.net than you can in-game.

I know this has been repeatedly explained in the account-wide ignore thread. Please do not attempt to start up with it here, too. :sob:

I appreciate your kindness. :dracthyr_heart:

While it certainly left me with some lingering anxieties, it is mostly of the ‘mundane’ variety (insofar as such things can be). Time heals wounds, as they say - and such situations do at least provide learning opportunities to avoid in the future. I am definitely much happier here in WoW, however, thank you! Despite Blizzard’s best efforts, at least. :sweat_smile:

You are correct - regardless of tools at their disposal, such unsavory people will continue to behave in those ways. And while I do agree that tools such as they used - primarily that game’s version of the Armory we have here - can just as easily see a purpose meant for protection from toxic and unhealthy people such as my former stalker, I do think they often are used more for the sake of harm than good.

However, I am fine with CheckPvP existing. I simply want the forums to provide us a means to post more safely - such as Battletags, or at the very least a unified forum ID.

5 Likes

So you mean to tell us that one of the pro-taggers here are actually pushing for violence yet he was telling me I was guilty of saying something I didn’t.

You would know, wouldn’t you? Saying nasty things like that since you’re part of the Twitter group. Wow.

2 Likes

Wait, if someone says horrible things and harasses you on one character, why would I want to listen to them say horrible things on an alt? That makes no sense. Account wide ignores should be fine on the forums.

10 Likes

actually if there is account wide ignores, then someone could ignore one of your posting toons, then check to see what other characters are showing “hidden messages” and then use that to link someone’s alts to their main.

with btags - lots of friendly players send btag requests in game and that is part of the fun of WoW, meeting new friends and having good times with them. if btags were on the forums, then i would have to automatically decline every btag request because it may be coming from someone on the forums.

1 Like

Oh dear…

The only bit of advice I would say is to report the offending tweet to Twitter (X) and do not engage in the person via the forums or Twitter.

it is behavior like that which makes me really not want btags to come to the forums.

1 Like

I agree. I need to ignore Ayukama more. She is an argumentive night elf.

1 Like

That Ayukama. I ignore her twice a day just to make a point.

1 Like

So you do support a Universal forum username that is not linked to your in game characters to keep you safe from people messaging you. but still keeps the posters message history available so that they can be held accountable through the community for the actions and posts that have done.

1 Like

wtf? thats…really bad. i think ppl are taking this way too serious if he said that.
also now i know who panzer is so thats nice…wow.
some of u guys need to really chill out its gettin way too out of control w/ crap like this

2 Likes

Twitter actually doesn’t action people for posting that stuff anymore (Since the person they idolize shown in one of the tweets bought it) despite twitter having ‘account ignore’ it does no good if there’s essentially no moderation with it to handle the problem.

My frustration lies within the fact that the main group here is happy to call out specific people because they don’t agree with btags being the solution, but often don’t do it to those that support it. That is all I was pointing out.

2 Likes