Can we ask for more privacy features in forums to feel more secure?

well, i don’t think we should really be basing our real world decisions from a comic book, right?

1 Like

A person can base their real world decision on essentially anything they chose to do so.

Comic books are a form of expression that often times reflect real world issues and topics.

3 Likes

Comic books are a great way of doing social commentary. When I was a wee lad i used to read calvin and hobbes. Calvin was the brat and I couldn’t stand him. But every once in a while Hobbes would say something incredibly profound and would kinda make you think.

2 Likes

People often times too forget of political comics and cartoons contained within a newspaper. Showing my age there haha but reading the newspaper there’s often times a satirical comic in the opinions section.

Art and media is a great means of self expression and expression about real world issues.

Edited to fix a typo

1 Like

I don’t read the newspaper anymore but the comics were always my favorite part. I’d read most of them from the comics page and they had a few political cartoons. I’d just flip through the pages to see some prominent politician or party representative being all cartoonified and silly and got a giggle out of me. I didn’t really read or look too far into it because it could get exhaustive, esp if you didn’t agree with the overall vibe.

1 Like

For example:

4 Likes

That’s very tiny but I’ll read that in another chrome tab.

I know exactly which comic you are talking about. You’re probably right.

5 Likes

If you can’t figure out that people often make comics that deal with or are a commentary on real world situations, I don’t know what to tell you.

8 Likes

Given what Mirasol’s told me about posting the XKCD on free speech, I’m inclined to agree.

Now that I think about it, the alt-text from that one is probably fine to post:

“I can’t remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you’re saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it’s not literally illegal to express.”

2 Likes

Ahh, yes. John Gabriel’s Greater Internet (Redacted) Theory.

2 Likes

That was a fun read :dracthyr_comfy_blue:

2 Likes

2 Likes

I invite you to read this topic again. Nobody is asking to be fully anonymous here. Just asking to have more privacy then we have now.

Hide user name with class/race specific aliases, and option to fully hide forum character armory.

Nothing else would change.

1 Like
  1. Your character name is not your username.
  2. Hiding your character name is fully anonymous posting.

You can’t ask for something and change the words around to make it sound like you’re asking for something else.

Just be honest.

8 Likes

The classic “nobody is asking for x” then proceeding to ask for x in the very next paragraph.

7 Likes

Quite shocking.

we still have newspapers?

1 Like

They’re certainly not as popular as they once were but yes, you can still get them.

It is already explained in my first post, what is a feature to hide players name. Same like blizzard did in overwatch2.