Can we ask for more privacy features in forums to feel more secure?

I knew there was a term for it… thanks.

1 Like

i dont post on a character that i play, so if someone sends this character mail or anything, i would never see it.

1 Like

I’ll make it 2 million gold then if you can successfully message me via Battlenet. Battle tags are actually more Anonymous than posting on a character, without doing anything silly like hiding profiles or using alts.

With both the paladin and rage worgen liable to show up in these threads, you need to brush up on your newspeak.

2 Likes

Then what are you worried about?

2 Likes

Ah so you created your little character there purely to post on the forum. Fascinating.

If you don’t mind me asking of course, what are the perceived benefits of doing that?

Yeah. Cost them minimum $50 to do so.

Some people are just dedicated.

3 Likes

I would assume that’s 50 dollars to buy the game itself then there’s another 15 dollars approximately for game time, correct?

True.

1 Like

You claim that Reddit is anonymous. BattleTags are functionally equivalent to usernames. Therefore bringing BattleTags to the WoW forums would bring anonymous posting here, just like you wanted.

Congratulations on supporting BattleTags.

8 Likes

Simply fascinating.

battletags are not “mere usernames” they give people an avenue to contact us via our bnet account.

1 Like

heheh, I really not worried about some mad worgen, or a goofy paladin. But then again, it’s like looking in the mirror in a dark bathroom and call out Candyman. if they show up…don’t care.

5 million gold if you can message me. That’s as high as I’ll go though. Just to prove that you’re just BSing everyone.

4 Likes

Just like how, if you actually played the character you post on, you would be contacted that way.

You can simply decline the invitation. Now this is assuming that battle tags have the last 4 numbers displayed after them.

but they can send more invitations, though.

and keep ignoring them or block them. Come on, it’s not that hard…

1 Like

You can privately message people on Reddit through their usernames.

Have you ever used Reddit or was that just some website you drew from a hat?

3 Likes

They would need another battle.net account to do so and I believe per blizzard’s terms of services a person is only allowed 3 battle.net accounts. Simply block the user and they cannot send you more.

If it goes from there simply submit a GM ticket.

but they cannot send messages to any other avenue other than reddit.