Can we ask for more privacy features in forums to feel more secure?

So the plan is to take a public forum and exclude the public?
Sounds good, let me know how you reply to yourselves.

2 Likes

According to the Artificial Intelligence tool:

On Reddit, your post and comment history are generally visible to anyone who views your profile. However, there are a few ways you can manage and limit the visibility of your past activity:

Deleting Posts and Comments

• Manual Deletion: You can delete individual posts and comments from your profile. This will remove the content from Reddit, but note that this does not remove quotes or replies from other users that may still indirectly show your deleted content.
  • Batch Deletion Tools: There are third-party tools and scripts (like Reddit Enhancement Suite or browser scripts) that can help automate the deletion process if you want to clear large amounts of content from your account.

Using Throwaway Accounts

• Separate Identities: As mentioned earlier, some users create throwaway accounts when they want to discuss sensitive topics without it being linked to their main account. This way, you can maintain separate identities for different types of engagement.

Adjusting Privacy Settings

• Limited Settings: Reddit offers limited privacy settings compared to other social platforms. You cannot make your profile private, but you can opt-out of allowing search engines to index your profile, which makes it harder for someone outside of Reddit to find your posts by searching your username on internet search engines.

Considerations

• Archiving: Even if you delete your posts, remember that there are websites and services that archive Reddit content. Once something is posted, it might be saved or captured by others before you have the chance to delete it.
  • Visibility: While you can delete posts, remember that active discussions and widely viewed content may still be visible in other ways, such as through replies and quotes by other users.

In summary, while you cannot hide your post history directly on Reddit, you can manage your privacy through careful use of account settings, strategic use of throwaway accounts, and proactive management of your content.

2 Likes

I honestly could care less if people can see the armory or not. To me that’s not a big deal. For me, it’s the post history that matters.

2 Likes

We all know what the forums need: BattleTags

Then we all will be far more secure and safe on the forums, and it will help moderation a lot more easier.

6 Likes

The typical troll move, demand to see proof then make up stories and try and report them for having proof. Sociopaths are really messed up.

6 Likes

Also ridiculous.

It’s even worse than when you like your own Facebook post. Makes me absolutely sick.

If you spend any time on tumblr, a person has probably seen this. Its not uncommon.

Could show you any number of pages who have received anon hate and horrible questions. I’m not going to bother linking individual pages.

5 Likes

I would feel 100% safer (and happier) with battletags on the forum :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: Then I can finally switch to my mage but people will still know it’s meeee

Vongola#1794 approves this message.

Sickeningly common. It’s one of the reasons I stopped going because people would say some really mean, horrible things on anon to really sweet people who didn’t deserve the abuse.

I mean, no one deserves that abuse, but it felt like the nicest people got the worst of it. A lot of people I followed ended up leaving tumblr because of it, it’s so bad.

8 Likes

If we swap to battle tags, I’m sure one will be surprised as to who is behind the mask with this character.

3 Likes

I don’t need a BTag to know it is me. I am very obvious with all my toons.

2 Likes

I’m sometimes not so obvious on the forum itself. This character is just one of my many personas (or fursonas?) if you will.

Amiobviousyet?

-Ayu the sockpuppet alt :rofl: confirmed :rofl:

2 Likes

I want to pop back in here to say something and after this post, I will be bouncing.

After seeing the questionable comment from Nelfas, its no surprise that these threads being created by the OP requesting the ability to post as an anon so they can post stuff like that freely without repercussion.

As I said in every anon posting request thread, Anon posting benefits the trolls and people who want to be a douchebag more then it help make the forums a better, you can freely refer back to this :point_down:

EDIT:

Despite what you like to believe, I’m in no twitter or discord group, so I appreciate making accusations without any base. I happened to stumple upon a link here while reading through to a post of someone where in quotes in your OWN words, you said this :point_down:

They should be send to electric chair

You can scroll up to your OP and look under popular links, there is a thread called “Y’all really need to tell us what was flagged”, it links back to that specific post.

There is a reason why people are pushing back against anon posting because of that comment that was made.

Hwanwok#1864

Please try to come and say “Hi” to me without being friends, I’m not trying to bait you into something to get your account canned, just say “Hi” to me, thats all I ask.

If you can’t do that and you need to send me a friend request to achieve this, then your point falls apart and at that point you are just spreading misinformation at this point which I would like to ask you to please stop.

9 Likes

Ah, don’t sneak up on me like that.

Aw see , I thought he wanted to make the forum less anonymous, WOW has my account loaded and I am responsible for every syllable I type, I was wondering if a strip search was next.

To be completely fair, it doesn’t matter who you are. When it comes to ignoring people, it usually comes down to behavior. The problematic types tend to behave the same way regardless of what mask they put on. You can even say you are an undead mage (as unlikely as that case is) that a lot of people disagreed with but no one would really care because you haven’t been using the alternate account for malicious purposes.

2 Likes

there are many people who have expressed their apprehension for the addition of battletags because they don’t want to allow forum users to contact them in-game, which i agree - i dont want to be contacted by someone from the forums in-game, either.

2 Likes

And people can voice their distain for battle tags if they do want to do so.

One can also just freely whisper your character in game if they so choose to as a side note.

1 Like

So we can have 1 forum handle per battle.net account which never changes or we can post with our battletags only showing the first 4 characters and everything else "xxx"d out for… privacy reasons.

2 Likes

Which doesn’t really happen in regards to what you and the OP believe. I said some vile things online a few weeks ago, and have yet gotten anything said to me about it ingame. Much ado about nothing. Also, why not use existing tools to report if it does happen as you are quite fond of telling everyone else to do.

Again, if you are saying stuff on the forums and it’s following you ingame, perhaps keep you mouth closed and not say it?

5 Likes