Can we ask for more privacy features in forums to feel more secure?

Before even clicking that “random” section (per google that’s what /b/ is apparently) I got a lovely liability waver.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1229850112608702516/1236883683026145311/image.png?ex=6639a132&is=66384fb2&hm=9199c2f492e05fe131ee86544a0e96a45499c84088314cdf436ef9211567991b&

1 Like

yeah, and those type of subreddits are still popping up.

1 Like

can you please explain why you believe this and what these hypothetical negatives are?

also please explain why you believe these hypothetical negatives would be relevant to the current discussion. thank you

Why do we have to explain things when you don’t? You just pollyanna away about how it’ll be super-duper-amazing if only we had anonymous posting.

4 Likes

They are real situations that happened. You keep glossing over the fact that PEOPLE HAVE DIED because of people abusing their anonymity to abuse and harass people.

5 Likes

Don’t engage, just flag. (I know, I need to practice what I preach).

So how about the race today?

We still going on about this?

1 Like

What race?

Miami Grand Prix.

There are no hypothetical negatives of anonymous posting. They are very real and in fact, 4 chan asks you to accept a liability waver before posting and reading anonymously.

Please refer to the image I linked before.

If the world of warcraft forums were to get that type of capability, it would need to be contained within it’s own subsection with a similar liability waver.

4 Likes

2 Likes

ah, cool twist on an age-old conundrum: that chick magnet of a leather jacket or the egg?

2 Likes

Oh, didn’t know about that. Then again I don’t follow those things. I’m kinda partial to the dull and boring sports. The only extracurricular activity I follow, is target shooting and sometimes lacrosse.

I have a Karabiner 98k and Mosen Nagant for iron sight target shooting. Looking at getting a SVD for long range shooting.

WoW would get shut down if they hosted anything even remotely like Reddit or 4chan. They think the PR disaster that happened in Shadowlands was bad, oh man, they won’t have enough moderators to handle the forums at that rate.

3 Likes

Just tell someone you’re putting them on ignore and that post will be mass reported and deleted. People on here are too insecure and passive aggressive to have access to a public forum.

The single most bald-faced troll in the thread, without a doubt.

7 Likes

Indeed and they also do not use their own forum software. They outsource it to a company named “Discourse” that, from my limited understanding, creates a new account for anonymous posting.

I linked an article earlier that is… somewhere within the thread here explaining that. The issue at that point is having a public forum with that level of animosity people that are not from wow will come to the forum to use that feature.

That’s ridiculous.

That is the most ridiculous thing I’ve seen.

That site is ridiculous.

1 Like

Because it is a fact, and the evidence is everywhere that has any form of anonymous posting or commenting.

We also see this with reddit too, in form of anonymous users, where there is increase toxicity and trolling, as well as getting deeper with hate speech and self harm messages.

Is this what you really want for the WoW Forums? More toxicity?

8 Likes