Can’t use mobile app with 8.2

Since 8.2 launch, attempting to log into a character immediately disconnects the user with the message “You have been disconnected from the server.” I don’t see any updates on the App Store, nor does it seem that anyone else has posted this as a bug yet. You can still see a list of characters, but that’s as far as one gets.

5 Likes

I am having the same problem. :frowning:

1 Like

Same here.

There is an update to the app that came today with Rise of Azshara/8.2. It may take a while for the update to propagate out but we have confirmed that people are receiving it. Keep an eye out for updates on your device and you will be able to use the app again soon.

Thanks all!

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Delete the app on your phone, and then download it again. It’ll update the app.

Just got the update on the play store :slight_smile:

I have uninstalled / reinstalled and can still not connect. Even tried uninstalling, restarting my Android phone and reinstalling and still cannot connect.

I don’t even get to the character select screen.

Edit - I just tried the entire process again but from my home WiFi and not cellular data and it is working. Perhaps the required download when you first open the app internally times out of over a slow cellular data connection?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I’m on android, have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, yet connection only works through local wifi.

Hello friends and thank you for the report!

Would you be able to provide what cellular carrier you are using when the issue occurs? Also, please make sure your devices are updated to the following versions:
iOS version 2.2.30799
Android version 2.2.30870

Please get back to us with this info so we can properly investigate.

I will add to this as well. I’ve had nothing but trouble connecting over a data connection since the 8.2 update. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled. WiFi is fine.

As a test today, I took my WiFi only tablet with me to work. At lunch, tested on my phone (data) could not connect. Used my phone to set up “hot spot” for my tablet to connect to WiFi and it worked on the tablet. The phone was still connected to the same data (not WiFi - which automatically turns completely off if I turn the hot spot on) yet the tablet went through.

I never had any issues prior to the 8.2 patch.

I am with t mobile on android and the app is up to date to latest version that you stated and can only connect via local wifi

Hello Darkethorn,

Are you receiving an error when trying to connect via data? If you are, can you send us over the error?

1 Like

Yeah it says that it cant connect to bnet and the tap anywhere to try again, it tries again and says to check my version and make sure its the right one, check realm status, or check connection but all of then are good. I have screenshots if needed

This ia still an issue im having

Same here.

Has there still been no progress on the issue with the app? I have uninstalled and deleted my cache multiple times and still cannot connect on the app (get the can’t connect to bnet error) unless on a WiFi connection.

Hello All,

Thanks for the post. We have been unable to reproduce this issue internally. Please check with your carriers to see if they can assist with this connection issue. If not, please reply back with your phone models, OS and carriers so we can attempt further investigations.

1 Like

Having same issue, nothing fixes it. Phone model is ONEPLUS A6013, OS is OxygenOS version 9.0.12, carrier is T-Mobile.

I have reinstalled about a dozen times, even following the detailed “fix” listed on the Play Store (that did not work).

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10 - on T-Mobile - added info I have an authenticator.

My daughter and my roommate are on the same T-mobile account.
Daughter (Galaxy S10e ) cannot connect (authenticator)
Roommate (Galaxy S10+) CAN connect (no authenticator) - we can be sitting at the same table in a restaurant he has no problems, I get the “cannot connect to battle net” error

All of us essentially using the same phone and on the same network. 1 can connect the other 2 cannot.

As I mentioned above, if I use my phone to create a “hot spot”, my tablet will connect over that WiFi connect so it’s still the “data” on T-mobile.