Can’t use mobile app with 8.2

Another TMobile user here, can’t use the mobile app on Mobile connection. I’m using a Galaxy Note 9.

Also wanted to mention it’s the same error, it fails to connect. Says to check my connection and try again.

Ditto for me too on T-Mobile and Galaxy S9.

I have the same issue. Only on cell data, WiFi is fine. Galaxy S10+ on T-Mobile.

Same galaxy s9 on Metro PCS, my wifes galaxy J7 connects just fine on the same metro pcs plan as me.

Having the same issue since 8.2.
I cannot connect to the Mobile App if I am not on my home internet network. Trying to connect on cellular data or a friend’s wi-fi (mind-blowing right) doesn’t work.

Things I have tried:
Clear data/cache, uninstall/reinstall on cellular only
Clear data/cache, uninstall/reinstall on wifi
Update/patch to latest version

What happens:
I connect the first time, and get a ‘Unable to contact Battlenet, tap anywhere to retry.’ Followed by a long Network Error ‘Unable to connect, please check that you have the latest version of WoW companion. You can check the WoW website for latest realm status…etc’. 5 minutes later when I’m back on wifi, its fine.

I’m using a Galaxy S9 on T-Mobile with Android v9.
Checked phone settings for this app, it is not restricted in any way, no optimization either.

Same issue note 9 tmobile

Issue is obviously with TMobile. Blizzard can we get an update? Seems kind of crazy for one carrier not to work with your app.

Any updates on this? I am having the same issue (worked fine prior to 8.2). Also TMobile - Galaxy S9+.

I contacted tmobile and they said its an app issue to contact the vendor :joy:

Has there been any updates on fixing this? Its like this was forgotten about since the DDOS attacks.

I am still having this issue with the companion APP.
My galaxy S9 will NOT connect on data but works on WI-FI.
My wifes galaxy J7 works just fine on data and WI-FI. We are both on the same Metro PCS plan.

I connect just fine to the Battle Net app, authenticator app, blizzcon app and hearthstone apps. The companion app is the only issue.

This issue started the day i had to update the app for in game patch 8.2. I never had any problems connecting to the app on data before this patch including all through Legion.

Same here, on Android and Verizon.
I can log on, but when I select a character, in two seconds it shows “You have been disconnected from the server.” Cleared cache, re-installed, rebooted, wi-fi or data.
Ha, as I was typing this, I checked the Google Play Store again, and there was another update. I can now select a character.
Whether or not it really takes Google 8 hours to update an app in their store, is it REALLY that hard to:

1. Make it backward compatible, and load it on the store a day early
  2. Do a version check and give the user a proper error message

This is a new issue related to the now patch 8.2.5, which i am experiencing now as well. We will see after this is fixed if the previous issue still exist.

Add me to the can’t stay logged in on the Companion App when I try to access any character I have.
Only since this AM, yesterday pre-release of 8.2.5 it was OK.
Log in is OK. Selecting a character then gets the ‘You have been disconnected’ message.

I’m having the same problems.

I find it funny that the first response is that it is your carrier rather than the change you made to the servers with the 8.2.5 update. I have an iphone… up to date iOs… deleted the app, reinstalled the app from the app store. I can connect, but i get an error no matter which one of my characters I try to log on to… this happens regardless if i am on data or wifi… there is no update in the app store (last update to the app is listed as 2 months ago).

Edit to add: I have a mobile authenticator… each time I have to relog in to the app, it forces a new code from the authenticator… i am worried that eventually i will be totally locked out from any blizzard services since it might suddenly decide this activity is suspicious…

hi all the version that is working now is 2.2.31816.

You might need to delete the app and reinstall to get it to update.

Still having the same problem this thread started with, the app works on wifi just fine. Can not connect on data