Can`t transfer account from US to EU, Can anyone explain why?

I know the common answer for this that EU game has different license than US game, but still I dont understand the idea about it! I mean they are both Blizzard`s and they are both WoW and they have the same content… etc.

I would like to move my account to EU servers for latency issues but I don`t want to lose 10 years of playing on US servers and start from zero in EU.

6 Likes

WoW was never setup like that - nor are the laws covering such things the same.

You are correct, the Regions are separate, and I know of no plans for that to ever change.

7 Likes

Unfortunately, that’s simply not possible. The servers are in no way connected and it’s not a service that Blizzard offers.

Your only option is to start from scratch.

4 Likes

That’s the main reason, there are different laws in play here. If you wish to see it changed, make a post in General Discussion as not a whole lot can be done about it here on the CS forums.

4 Likes

Is it only a legal issue? or a technical issue as well?

It’s both, there’s no line or way the two areas are connected and the US/UK laws are different what there can be in the game.

4 Likes

It’s both.

4 Likes

Keep in mind, Blizzard is a company who profits from services such as transfers. They’d have nothing to lose if they were able to create a service to move characters or accounts from EU to NA and vice-versa.

Starting over really isn’t as bad as people think it is though. Sure, you have to level up a character from scratch. But grab a couple of gathering professions, sell everything and you’d be surprised how quickly you can be back on top of your game!

8 Likes

To be fair, if you’ve poured 10+ years into your account and are a collector, it’s often much more difficult to just start over; its hundreds of pets, mounts, toys, transmog sets, and even reps that make it difficult to make the jump. Gold is the easy part. :wink:

31 Likes

This is why I haven’t restarted on EU after having moved.

5 Likes

I really don’t get it. Let’s assume I own both licenses (EU and NA) what legal limitation could there be preventing a developer from copying the information from one account to the other?
Maybe gold since it has monetary ties via the WoW token system? Cool, transfer me with 0 gold. No qualms.
Maybe BoEs and pets pose a similar problem? No worries, keep only my soulbound and account bound items.
Ping really is the least of my issues when I’m trying to raid and having to wake up at 0:00, 1:00, 2:00 or whatever ungodly hour it may be because America is on the wrong side of the Atlantic. (No, joining a different guild isn’t an option.)
I’ve taken this issue up a few times in the past already through CS and obviously had no success, but really after a dozen odd years of playing the game I’ve reached my wit’s end.
This has little value to the discussion, but thinking of it now, I’ve been playing WoW on an NA schedule for almost half my natural life. Big yikes.
I’m willing to negotiate a price, sign a receipt; I’m failing to come up with something within reason I wouldn’t be willing to do to make this happen.

8 Likes

Customer Support has no say in the matter. They’re not part of the team that would consider or develop a solution to transfer players from one region to another.

It’s great that you’re willing to negotiate a price. I’m not so sure it would end up at a price point that people would be willing to pay though. While we do see the request from time to time here in this forum, it’s still fairly rare. That means they would be developing a system for what it most likely a very small number of players.

At the end of the day, the General forums are the most appropriate place to express your interest in such a service.

7 Likes

Oh that “obviously” wasn’t sarcasm or cynicism, I meant it as a matter of fact.

1 Like

It’s hard to read both. However, you have acquired the answer to your question. What you do with this knowledge is within your purview.

3 Likes

It’s not as simple as players make it out to be. When WoW was created, the regions were never made to communicate with each other. The different regions act as different games. At one of the Q&As at Blizzcon Blizzard was asked this. They said that it wasn’t just a matter of flipping a switch. As well, the EU and NA regions share realm names. That too can be a limiting factor in allowing transfers between regions. As well, a lot of the infrastructure behind the scenes is build around them being separate. All that would need to be rebuilt to allow it. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I believe it is really unlikely.

Have you tried the Oceanic realms? They might give you a better raid times.

That doesn’t make sense. If you were able to transfer between NA and EU regions you would have to join a different guild.

8 Likes

What I’m asking for doesn’t require communication between regions, even though it would of course facilitate the process.
With transferring from NA to EU, joining a different guild is granted and painfully apparent. Joining a different guild available on NA would not solve for anything which is why it’s not an option.

What you are requesting DOES require communication between regions. That’s what moving your account/characters from NA to EU would require. It’s not a matter of taking a copy of your account/character from the NA realms and pasting it in the EU. They are not going to facilitate that on a player-by-player basis. It’s inefficient and expensive for someone to manually do it, if it’s even possible. If Blizzard does it, it will be for everyone. That is why it can not be done for you personally, no matter how you phrase it.

7 Likes

And how, exactly, would they get the data from one part of the world to another? There’s A LOT of data linked to a given maxed toon, like how may quests they’ve done, how much rep they gotten, how many pets they have, what raids they did, etc.

They’re not able to flip a switch and it’s magically appear on the EU servers.

4 Likes

I know this is miles and miles from what your looking for, but it’s just an idea i thought might help.

First stay on your server, since Ping isn’t an issue, I believe you said. This will let you keep in touch easily with your current guild. (more on this in a minute).

Second, Put the word out on server forum and such, find out how many other people have moved from NA to EU, and don’t want to start from scratch.

Start an Expats guild. That would align your time of day with your guildies again. You’d keep all your stuff. Do it cordially, and you can pick your old guild leaders brain for help and advice on running it.

just what I would do. best of luck whatever you end up doing.

4 Likes

This thread is from January - with the last post in April. It would be highly doubtful the OP is still monitoring this one.

3 Likes