Can someone please explain what the Cinematic is about

The cinematic is like an introduction of dragonlands. And setting up a base for the story. Like the intro of a movie. It sets up the lore of the dragon isles. And you will discover it. We know it’s important to the dragons, and that they had to leave it. And that most of the watchers died during the sleep.

This expansion is starting off with an exploration beat. And as shown in interviews you will be going there with horde/alliance expedition teams. Not the military, so right off the bat the nature of this expansion is different from the military ones where we mostly went to defend the world from world ending threats.

Now that may happen eventually in the expansion but the first expansion is us learning about dragons and helping them eventually.

1 Like

yup,

pretty much exploring the islands, getting to know the problems and assisting the dragon flights in attempting to regain their aspect powers.

1st raid looks awesome to me with the primal aspects.

I’m sure we will learn about how the world thrives as we quest through it. Do you expect them to spill the whole story in a cinematic?

I feel like people forgot how to use their imagination here and just like to hear themselves complain.

1 Like

WTB shirt with that name and this image of him on it, PST.

/moo :cow:

1 Like

I am excited to see more elemental lore and learn how the dragons are connected to the elements.

And seeing the primals. And centaur, and Tuskar, and murloc oracle people from northrend.

I hope that eventually leads to a tuskarr allied race which would be nice. And I hope we get to see some modern versions of old flights as mounts. Really love the azure drake. It would be nice to get some cool dragon scale armor cosmetic sets too.

1 Like

No, but I had a solid understanding of the story from all cinematics prior.

And I didn’t complain. I asked for clarification and tried to help the poster. I’m not the OP.

OK I’ll bite.

Are you watching the cinematic w/ no sound on? For someone like me who doesn’t follow lore I understood what the cinematic is all about.

Those were Titan keepers.

“Get to the dragon!”

4 Likes

Who is your dragon, and what does he do?

2 Likes

I think the point was to explain why it was hidden and how it’s been rediscovered.

It’s similar to the Shadowlands cinematic where all we got was Sylvanas breaking the Helm of Domination to show how the veil between reality and the afterlife is now broken.

It was only in the launch cinematic that we got more details.

vs

To see a place that was hidden for 10k years

A watcher

Isles had to hide after the sundering because it took a lot out of azeroth

Because we live here and again. Place that was hidden for 10k years so we know nothing about it

Tyr was buried in Tirisfal aka Tyr’s Fall (get it?) after he fought the C’Thraxxi and sacrificed his life by blowing up. Of course, if the devs don’t know the lore of the game, they might not know this fact. :rofl: :joy:

I mean they show it for the shadow priest legion stuff.

Its Tyrshold in the dragon isles but the one we saw all busted up on a throne could have just been a watcher that was left in charge while Tyrs off doing watcher things

1 Like

Good Gods, it was JUST A REVEAL of the new expansion.
Grow some patience.

1 Like

To kill gnolls, steal candles and sell stuff for gold

Whatever watchers are.

It’s clearly about how Alexstraza has faster than light dragon speed.

Because we can become dragons! And tattoos. And it’s back on Azeroth.

It was locked behind a wall for 10,000 years. I mean look what happened with Suramar. No telling what was locked up with them.

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

• a isle hidden in 10000 years for a mist
  • a history
  • a beautiful sceneario
  • a monologue ALEXTRASSA
  • a new and different World of Warcraft logo.

more than a questionable cinematic that turned out to be excellent, it turned out to be lazy on the part of the developers if it is equal to or worse than Sylvanas in Shadowlands in only doing the same story as… that cinematic sounds familiar.

Ahh…yeah…MOP.

something that gives me a hunch that fans of hype and blind hope like Taliesin’s yellow press who will be disappointed with the passing of the new expansion knowing that they will inhale copium again like 2 expansions ago, plus the arrival of WotLK classic that It will not be beneficial for the new expansion.