Can someone please explain what the Cinematic is about

Even though the Cinematic was nicely done, looks great; it did a horrible job at explaining anything.

Why are we here? What’s the point and what’s the purpose?

Who is this stone guy?

What was it even about?

Why should we care?

Where was the battle / war aspect of it? What’s so Dangerous?

Now - if this Cinematic did not have the words “World of Warcraft” with it - 9 out of 10 people would have no idea what it was. Just dragons and stone giants.

Now yes the hard-core or the more serious fans could tell. But man I felt this Cinematic was just so pointless.

5 Likes

I think the point was “Oh look dragons. Yeay dragons.”

6 Likes

So the best I can explain it, because I had the same issue as you and was told by other people on the forums that it’s obvious and I’m dumb:

Dragon Isles has been hidden away. When stone guy fixed that pillar, all the dragons were drawn to it, and as Azeroth has been healing since Deathwing, they’re now renewed. Or something like that.

Don’t ask me how stone guy knew how to fix the pillar or how he got there if it’s broken and hidden from land, air, sea, and space or how there’s this abundance of life and sentient beings like Tuskar, because I have no clue…

lol I guess so

Dragons are moth attracted to the light of the pillar. No they couldn’t figure out how to get there for 10,000 years, no light, no dragons mmmk.

2 Likes

the dragons isles is a area of dragon home land they left it and the watchers hid it kind of like pandaria.

stone guy is just a titan watcher like weve seen before.

he had to right the beacon to summon the dragons because something happened. as seen with the world shaking or something.

We dont know the full conflict of whats causing the dragons to be on alert or whats going on yet.

A little look back at history to explain why we never saw this bunch of large zones before (ala the mists of MoP as a previous example) and show us pretty dragons.

That’s it really.

IMO it was made deliberately free of information because they want to lure us into the expansion with dragons and reveal more stuff along the way to tantalize us and keep us paying attention. Its a marketing ploy.

4 Likes

Ok, how did he know to do that, how did he get there, and why did he wait until now? I’m with OP. The cinematic left me with a ton of questions.

And who was the dude in the chair? Should I know him?

They might have another one in a couple months that gives more detail/hints people are looking for. To understand what is really going on in this expansion. (I remember SLS having a couple) Will have to find out.

It is me I am stone bro

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:
The cinematic didn’t need to explain everything, and there didn’t need to be a fight. It told me all I needed to know, dragons, the world is healing, dragon isles, let’s go.

To me so far this seems like a… spinoff beach episode in an anime or something and I am all for it

1 Like

its a first look Trailer really. closer to launch well know what bad guys were fighting. till half way through when we find out the Next Cosmic Apocalypse all depends on us talking Wratheon out of his rebellious Teen stage and into becoming a Aspect and saving both the world and Universe.

Stone bro looks quite a bit like Arnold.

Stonald Rockschwarzenegger.

4 Likes

-Starts off at the dragon isles at the end of the war of the ancients (first legion invasion, 10,000 years before WC3).

-world is sundered and islands magic wears out and the Titan artifact caused the dragon isles to be hidden again (MOP style).

-Something happens at the end of SL that causes the magic to stir and wake one of the watchers who’s last task was to restart the tower once he awakens.

-Dragons sense it and return.

2 Likes

titan wacthers and titans as a whole are some what like computer i guess. they rememeber a lot of stuff. they mention in the cinematic. how they sleep till needed. then something as we saw woke them up. they are programmed to then light the beacon. more were supposed to wake up but as we saw 10,000 years left them all broken besides the one. then the beacon was aged and did not turn on properly. the watcher knowing it would summon the dragons new it had to get it going so he climbed. then as he fell he accepted his fate because he did what he was programmed to do. enter dragon mommy to save him. doubt hell be anything important think like zappy boy from bfa.

The dude in the chair is spectated to be Tyr who is a big story character from the watchers and titan lore. think of silver hand ect. youtube his story. very good read.

anything thing else?

You’ll find the answer you seek in the last patch of the Dragonflight expansion, in a short cutscene cinematic fighting the last big bad.

haha, yea I do get some “Hercules in New York” vibes from it.

and he didnt talk as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, what prompted him to fix the pillar. The champions and leaders of the factions weren’t even on the planet, so what changed.

And how did Tuskar get to Dragon Isles? They were introduced as a cold-friendly race. We were originally told they couldn’t go anywhere tropic until they popped up in MoP. Just one Tuskar, by the way. Now there’s a whole a faction.

10,000 years ago, the narrator told the stone people the world was sundered and they needed to leave to go help deal with that.

They disabled the beacon until the island was teeming with elemental life again, which is present day.

Most of the stone Watchers were ruined, except the one on the beach.

He activated the beacon because the island had “reawakened”, evident in the sprouting wildlife, glowing shores, and volcanic eruptions.

Dragons come home.

4 Likes

This…is the best answer I’ve seen so far.

And I’m sure (or I’m hopeful) the quests will explain how the hidden island was revitalized.