Can someone please explain what the Cinematic is about

At the beginning of the cinematic, alexstraza is talking to the watchers to give them instructions to start the tower when they awaken.

The tuskar are shown in the zone previews to be in the tundra like zone with snow peaks

So I should assume they came afterwards? I think OP bounced. I’m hounding you all with questions lol

1 Like

no idea on that, but I would imagine they were there before the island got put on lockdown.

But it did. So fans know what they’re looking at. Context is a critical, key part of communication.

1 Like

like i said we dont know yet really. all we know is what we saw something shaked the planet(not the sword from the looks of it) causing the wacther to awaken. they were programmed after hiding everything to slumber. then programmed that if they woke up it was only to light the beacon to summon the dragons home. the dragons somehow magic maybe didnt know how to get home without the beacon.

all the new races and returning races would appear they were on the isles 10.000 years ago, some tribes left and went to northrend or what not and adapted. same thing with centuars we dont know how they got from the isles to barrens for example. some of those fine details will have to wait till we see the zones with characters.

does that make more sense?

1 Like

I agree OP that the cinematic could have been told a bit better if they would have shown the legion and the ancients clashing for a few secs, before panning over to stone bro.

But I have been playing this franchise since WC1 so Im pretty familiar with the lore.

Overall I was happy with the cinematic.

Yes, now I’m understanding it more.

I’m still on the fence about this xpac (pre-ordering) so the more I understand the more I’m digging it. If they had made Tuskar playable, would be an insta-buy.

yes imo the elemental lords are behind this. So the Chinese medium is right again and over again and 11.0 the next expa will be something about them.

Culmination of Battle For Azeroth and Shadowlands, basically. Azerite is likely infusing the island and feeding life directly.

1 Like

even if they offer pre-orders tomorrow w/ tuskarr announce, I will prob wait and see how the beta goes and how the dev communication is during the lead up to launch.

I am optimistic and I will definitely pre-order if I am playing WoW to play the dragons early.

I have a theory that BFA was a spin on Vanilla, Legion was a spin on BC, SL was a spin on Wotlk, and this is a spin on either MoP or Cata…too early to tell but leaning MoP with the hidden island, neutral class/race, and no clue what the villain is.

1 Like

The stone guy, (I thought it was a titan) has always been there as they were made for this specific purpose.

Remember when he looks at the other stone guy on the throne, only to see that that one had begun to crumble? That told me they’d always been there.

So his job was to light the beacon, if that’s what that was, activating that world (for lack of a better term) and because it’d been so long turning that wheel didn’t work so he had to climb up and do it himself.

I like that cine but then I like all their cines whether I understand them or not.
That’s one of the things Blizzard seems to always do well, imo.

1 Like

who know what will happen. For me i dont hold my breath on allied races because I feel it was something they tried and didnt like as much. while also using it as a selling point for BFA.

Remember also this was not a full presentation with alpha still on the horizon will get more stuff and learn more. its all vague in some spots story wise, i think in the end itll be a better story then SL.

Could be. would be neat to see them again lol but who knows atm.

With how they’re doing flying, I think MoP.

1 Like

Wow for the past few years has really cultured that behavior of needing to know everything at the start before starting. And then complaining about how the game is too datamined and there is no mystery in the game anymore.

After the cinematic I legit wondered if there was more and thought a bit that not knowing or having blizz tell us who the bad guy was going to be was a good choice. Make it like vanilla and mop (before they told us about garrosh as final boss).

There’s a rumor we’re getting two more AR for 9.2.5. I hope that’s true. For someone like myself, that’s a huge lure. I’m not into the dragon race so much, but I played the crap out of BFA solely for Dark Iron and Mechagnomes (and unlocking all the AR).

Perhaps this trailer - and expansion - is catering to a different sort of player. I understood it just fine, and this is the first expansion concept to intrigue me since Legion.

2 Likes

I posted this earlier:

Danuser interview, he explains thoughts on ending SL and some things of interest at the start of DL.

Danuser Radio Interview - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

1 Like

WoW is definitely a throwback remember-when machine. But this is purported to be a new “book” of the Warcraft “saga” so maybe we’ll see less of that.