Can someone please explain Omens?

Hi everyone, I must be really dumb as I dont understand any of the videos on crafting gear with Omens nor is there any info in game.

I have 5 fractured omens, can someone please take a moment to make me understand what am I supposed to do with them and how do I get some good gear.

Either that or point me to a good video that is actually understandable to a new player who hasn’t played in 13 years who has no clue about the game anymore.

Thank you

Okay, so you combine 2 Omens and 250 Valor Points to make the Crafting item.

These crafting items start you off with basic epic item level gear that caps out at 606 at 5 star quality.

If you want it to get higher, you have to find items that you can add to your recipes to allow it to go higher. An easily accessible version of this is the quest reward for defeating the queen in any difficulty after the questline (Even story mode)

These omens are needed specifically to craft omen craft geared (Which is just crafted epic gear)

It’s simply just another resource needed to actually craft the items.

4 Likes

Okay, so you combine 2 Omens and 250 Valor Points to make the Crafting item.

These crafting items start you off with basic epic item level gear that caps out at 606 at 5 star quality.

If you want it to get higher, you have to find items that you can add to your recipes to allow it to go higher. An easily accessible version of this is the quest reward for defeating the queen in any difficulty after the questline (Even story mode)

These omens are needed specifically to craft omen craft geared (Which is just crafted epic gear)

It’s simply just another resource needed to actually craft the items.

Thank you for the reply :slight_smile: So in order to get those extra mats with the example you provided by killing the queen, is that a quest I need to start?

2 Likes

There’s a questline that is in the nerubian city:

This is where it starts, it’s a small quest chain that ends with them asking you to kill the queen.

This can be done on any difficulty, including story mode where you do it alone with a group of NPCs that’s been helping you in follower dungeons.

This wow head link shows the location of the NPC, as well as the quest name, and the whole chain incase you get lost.

But yes, the omens themselves are simply just a crafting material. Keep in mind if you are making a two-handed weapon for example you will need two omens. You can see the crafting material requirements easily accessible if you go to the Crafting Order’s NPC and simply look at items in the menu and it will give you a list of what all you need to have the item ordered.

2 Likes

Ok and if that quest is not available to me or I dont see it where it supposed to be does that mean I have done it or need to unlock it by doing something else?

If you are having trouble finding the NPC quest in dorngal, you might have done that particular bread crumb quest, I’d start at quest two, which will take you to the Vizier.

I believe to unlock this quest, you have to have at least done the base storyline in the Nerubian area to have all three of the Severed Threads paths available to you. So if you are unable to immediately pick up these quests, you might need to do some questing through the storyline of the zone.

Darn I guess Im not ever going to be able to craft then, I cant stand questing :frowning:

To unlock the extra materials to increase the base item level of the item, those quests would be required. Yes. That or being an enchanter and making the items yourself, which require you to grind out the higher level crests to be able to buy.

However if you just have the pattern, or the materials, you can simply order the base version of the weapon. It will be lower item level, but you can still do the crafting itself.

You simply require 250 valor (Usually gained from World quests, clearing Delves, Doing Dungeons, ect) and 2 of the sparks to make an omen. If you are making a 2h Weapon keep in mind you will need two omens (So 4 Fractured and 500 valor) to make the weapon.

Yea I have all the materials ready, I just dont have any of these so called enchanted items or extras to make it higher level. I havnt done a single quest really, I leveled as a healer in dungeons so I dont even know where to start. Kinda sucks they make you quest for it.

Where is the nerubian area and storyline?

You get a free one that lets you get items up to 619 if you do the questline.

You can make them yourself by doing high end dungeons and being an enchanter that has the recipe, it just costs quite a few runes to do so.

Nerubian’s are in the bottom left hand part of the map if you open the map. The zone is called Azj-Kahet. The main story line is dictated specifically by quests that have a brown shield icon behind the !

If you simply follow those quests they will lead into each other leading to the story in the area progressing. You can ignore all the quests do do not have the Story QUest icon.

Though it is worth noting the quest that awards the kill the queen quest is not a story quest, it is a side quest.

Can I just fly there and start questing or do I need to complete the story quests in prior areas to get there and start it?

You will need to do the campaign, starting from the Isle of Dorn and carrying all the way through to the end of Azj-Kahet, in order to unlock a wide variety of things, including world quests, many world activities, higher level delves, and probably the questline leading to the raid. Pick up the main quest where you left off, and power through that. Afterwards, in the Weaver’s Lair, right through the portal from Dornogal, you should be able to grab the breadcrumb quest leading to the raid questline.

Yikes this really sucks :frowning: ok thank you for the information. Just to confirm I ONLY need to do story quests right? I dont have to do the side ones?

Alternatively if you do not want to do so on your healer character. You can complete the campaign on another character (One that needs experience for example) doing so will unlock the campaign skip for all other characters, so that you do not need to do it repeatedly.

In your case it might work out for you to have a second character that needs the experience to simply go through the campaign so you are at least benefitting from it.

Once unlocked every character can participate in the killing the queen questline, each one can get the crafting material that lets you upgrade your items level, and also gets 1400 gold to boot.

1 Like

Yes, and, what Nyaria said. You unlock a campaign skip for all level 80 characters, including your current one, once at least one character on your account has finished it.

You don’t have to quest to craft. Ever.

A quest just gives you a free widget that allows ilvl to go up to 619. Can also just have them made, out of 45x higher crests + a pile of enchanting mats.

Oh please explain? So someone can just make me the 619 item?

Have to do content that’s difficult enough to reward runed crests, and it’s costly. But that’s how everyone is normally supposed to get them, there are just extra freebies available through the campaign and maxing out reputations.

It’s basically taking the crests it would have cost at the upgrade vendor, and turning them into an item that works on crafts because the upgrade vendor doesn’t work on them.

Ok so I dont have anymore quests in Isle of Dorn, so where do I go from here to continue the story. The little dude that gives u the quest chain for the solo raid to get a free crest (Webster) hasnt appeared for me.

The quest is just a freebie. You can make the same item you get from the quest by doing content that rewards the appropriate crests and buying the item from the enchanting vendor.

But there are lower versions too. Doesn’t have to be that one.

But also, I think the only prereq is doing the level-up campaign. You might have to find someone to share the quest with you if you want it – it bypasses having to do the first chapter of the level 80 campaign.