Can someone help about being squelched

! Your message to your Bnet friend wasn’t delivered because you are squelched. (44) !

I can’t whisper my Bnet friends tells me they are not online and it has been squelched.

For a squelch, a GM should eventually get to it, but you can also put in a ticket to appeal it here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/823/solution

Note that the squelch will likely end before they get to the ticket, but that it’s still important to have it reviewed.

4 Likes

Submit a ticket to appeal.

Do you have a means outside wow to contact them? Discord or something like that?

2 Likes

I did get a response I am silenced in game but the squelched is not removed and its been over 24hr when they responded they just said you have been silenced but did not answer my question of why the squelched is still there? Why did they not answer my question is what I want to know.

Well, it looks like the GM applied the punishment, if it was your first time, it will last 24 hours. You cannot be squelched and Silenced at the same time.

2 Likes

Well I am both and they wont respond to me making me wait another 24hr. There is no phone support or in game support which is pretty sad.

If I cant be both then they should see this is something wrong with their system and asap fix it.

How do you know the squelch is still active when you are silenced? They both do the same thing.

3 Likes

OMG please stop

1 Like

It’s a valid question. Trying to figure out what is going on based on the lack of information on your part.

3 Likes

Okay, I see some tangled lines.

You were squelched, a GM got to the reports and applied the silence, first infraction is 24 hours. If it’s been 24 hours down to the second, the penalty would have been lifted. There is technically nothing wrong with the silence system, as this would be the first time, otherwise.

But if you were continuing in the antics that got you squelched the first time, enough reports will put you under another squelch, waiting for GM review.

5 Likes

A silence works very much like a squelch. If you’ve been silenced then that was applied by a GM and if they’re not removing it then your appeal was not successful. You’ll have to wait for the silence to end.

3 Likes

I am I not saying the right thing ??? I am squelched from whispering my Bnet friends AND also silenced in game BOTH<-------Is that clear???

Yeah, that’s a silence by the sounds of it. You can find the restrictions here:

4 Likes

You are not getting it. You have been silenced in-game, a squelch does the same thing, but a silence has a set duration.

Where are you seeing it say you have both?

2 Likes

Ok what about the squelched<================SEE THIS WORD?

1 Like

So, you didn’t look at the link I just provided then. While the in-game wording could probably use a tweak, you’re silenced. That’s it. It’s not a silence + squelch.

When silenced, you can’t message battle.net friends. That’s why I provided the link of what you can and can’t do. It’s all listed there.

6 Likes

If I am silenced in game I should not have a squelched too…is that correct?

Okay, so you’re hung up on a word. I would recommend submitting a Bug Report for that, then.

The system is working as intended-- while silenced, you are extremely limited with in-game communication, including Blizzard Social.

7 Likes

So the GM reviewed the “Squelch” and turned it into a “Silence”.

Squelch is a temporary thing when a lot of other players have complained about something you did or are doing.

If you are “squelched” a GM will automatically review the situation and either remove the “squelch” restrictions if it looks like you did nothing wrong, or “Silence” you if you did violate the rules. The only difference is that the “Silence” lasts a fixed amount of time 24 hours for a first Silence and doubling for each subsequent one (24 hours for the first offence 48 hours for the second, 96 hours for a third and so on).

5 Likes

Okay, JPD, I went ahead and clicked the link for you. Here’s the relevant bits:

The following list describes what you can and can’t do while silenced. For more information, visit our Account Silenced article.

You Cannot You Can
Reply to Whispers from WoW Friends/Non-friends See Whispers from WoW Friends/Non-friends
Talk in global channels (General, Trade, etc.) or Instance Chats (Raid, Party, Battlegrounds) Party/Raid Chat (with Invited friends)
Create Calendar Invites/Events Talk in Global Channels that have a moderator
Send in-game mail, party invitations to Non-Battle.​net friends, or War Game and Duel invitations Share Quests
Create a new listing or update a listing for a pre-made Group listing Sign up for a pre-made group
Send Guild invitations Use Guild Chat
Speak in Blizzard Chat (including communities and Real ID.)
4 Likes