Can someone fix the Aussie servers at all?

The lag, latency and all of the above are absolutley nuts, Delayed actions responding 3-5 seconds later.

11 Likes

You know this isn’t the correct place to post this as noone on this forum can do anything about your latency issues Romire.

2 Likes

Unless it is the server infrastructure

3 Likes

Same issue here. Normal mode dungeons. Le sigh…

1 Like

Been having massive lag in world zones all day. The actual latency says it is low but the servers just seem to be unable to handle the processing so things take ages to register.

1 Like

It’s not his latency issues, it’s the Oceanic servers 100%. Has been near unplayable since launch, and today instanced dungeons have completely broken on Barthilas at least.

3 Likes

Oceanic servers are having severe lag issues to the point that the game is unplayable.

Cannot loot quest items, herb, mine or do anything, The Maw is a nightmare of everything and everyone running on the spot, dungeons are the same with constant crashes, DC’s and getting kicked out on entry. Press a button and it takes up to 10 seconds for anything to happen. Even the mobs are lagging and running on the spot. Quest progression is not happening as we kill mobs, leaving several minutes before it registers that the mob was killed…

The worst areas are Ardenweald and Revendreth as well as Bastion which just mass dc’s people constantly.

This has been happening since launch and is getting worse every day. You released a lovely expansion. We would like to actually be able to play it instead of getting frustrated with the lag and latency to the point where people are just logging off now and not bothering.

5 Likes

My latency is sitting at 60ms but my the response times of my actions a are easily at 1 second - 3 seconds. It feels like a DSLAM is getting hit with too many connections. That’s my best guess

3 Likes

Beyond a joke expansion has been playable for a week now and the lag still this bad

1 Like

Every time I try to do world quests, or anything outside of an instanced area (dungeon, torghast etc) the lag is awful. Blizzard seriously need to do something about the Oceanic servers, it’s unplayable.

1 Like

This is a carry over issue from BFA servers that also seemingly went ignored for the entire duration.

Ability and loot lag on the overworld.
Currently its not even prime time.
At time of posting its barely noon. on a Monday.

There is 5+ seconds of latency just looting.
Fighting is like watching a postal game of civilization.
Heaven forbid you want to do world quests that rely on decent latency like the aiming the light mirrors in Revendreth, or flappy bird in Bastion.

Bornakk stated that Blizzard is committing to ensuring we get great entertainment value. He said that as he announced higher prices.
Fine. Raise the price; but techs seriously need to lift their game on the Sydney servers. because we simply cannot play like this.
We can’t.

We NEED to see that dedication HERE. As soon as possible!

5 Likes

Bump for fixing

2 Likes

We’ve been posting in Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency since August of 2018 hoping for a resolution. Around the end of 2018 they stopped responding then in 2019 they came back just to say that they said they consider this a bug and not a technical problem anymore and have stopped responding again.

It’s time to accept that they don’t give a s*** about us and they have no plans to fix the problem as long as we continue to pay our subscriptions and throw money their way. Their fix is to put their heads in the ground and ignore us until we give up, quit, and the servers stabilize because there are less people playing.

3 Likes

Romire has been posting to the forums for years and this is not the correct forum for this thread is what my point was. This was posted to Customer Support originally when it needed to be here in Tech Support.

Still unplayable. Constant disconnects, particularly when zoning into instances and when using LFD, disconnect and then cannot reconnect or access that toon for hours, sometimes until reset.

The lag is beyond a joke. This isn’t a random thing. It is constant. It can take in excess of 5 seconds to loot something, for a cast to go off or to have anything register. Can’t do dailies as quest progression barely progresses or registers half the time (the message on the bar is “retrieving data” and half the time the mobs killed are not even registering so having to kill 3 times as many mobs as it’s “retrieving data”), can’t do dungeons due to dc’ing each time we zone into a dungeon and lag while in dungeon, can’t mine, herb or skin, due to the lag because we can’t loot the item…

The lag is the same 24/7. There is no let up. It’s not current number of people online (it’s just as bad at 3am when few are on, as it is at 5pm when a lot are online).

This is beyond obscene!

This is not acceptable and needs to be fixed. It was horrid in BFA and it’s worse now. You are basically charging people money for a faulty product.

1 Like

We could always get the ACCC involved

1 Like

And unfortunately, there would be grounds to.

In this instance, remedy could be sought by oceanic players by way of refunds or other forms of remedy or compensation because the product, ie the game and expansion that people bought fails to deliver when it comes to things like performance and quality…

It’s ridiculous that they increase the value of game time for us and basically deliver a game that is not playable for the entire Oceanic realm because of lag… And it’s not a beginning of expansion hiccup but something that has been constant and getting worse for years.

2 Likes

Just came to Ardenweald and again the lag is dreadful.

I just don’t understand how, after 10pm with people spread across the game, I can go from one zone with minimal lag, to another zone with terrible lag. Is there some technical reason that this happens that they just cannot fix?

If this continues I may well decide its not worth my time and just unsubscribe.

Chances are it’s not going to get fixed, because it’s been this way since BFA’s launch. Half of the zones were unplayably laggy at launch, until enough people stopped playing that the zones finally calmed down. And they denied it was even a problem and blamed our ISPs for it.

So Blizzard’s approach seems to be “make people quit until it becomes playable again.”

Another evening and the servers are garbage again. Instance server timeouts when loading in as well.