Can somebody explain Blitz MMR?

I’m like 14-3 and 1570 atm and I keep getting put into the most garbage can lobbies imagineable getting 5 points for a win each time.

Like you’d think with an 85% winrate the game would be compelled to put me in slightly higher lobbies but seemingly not?

Normally Blizzards MMR stuff makes a certain amount of sense but I’m completely lost as to what’s going on in this game mode.

2 Likes

MMR doesn’t adjust until like 20-25 games played.

3 Likes

wtf really? Why in god’s name does it work like that.

1 Like

Dunno. Unless you duo with somebody out of placements you’re just doomed to 20 games at 1300 mmr for some reason.

2 Likes

Well I appreciate the information and I guess I resign myself to slightly more suffering.

I really enjoyed losing 17 CR for my second loss of the season on an alt. I guess that is the punishment I get for winning too many games and having a personal MMR much higher than the 1100-1300 MMR games I am being put in. The system is trash.

Just not winning enough. 90% not good enough. 100% not good enough. Need to win 300% of my matches.

1 Like

Yeah, meanwhile my SV hunter got into a 1900 MMR match after three games played and my UHDK got into a 1700 MMR match for it’s very first game.

Meanwhile, my evoker with a 100% win rate with ten games played gets to play in a 1300 vs. 1200 match. Paladin with a 85% win rate… 1100 MMR match.

People are going to quit before they hit those 20+ games unless Blizzard explains what they are trying to do with this garbage.

1 Like

After checking earlier, I’m about 75 games deep so far and just a bit over 1700 cr. The mmr of games has slightly started stabilizing around 1800-1900 for me (with roughly 55% win rate), but yeah I’ll still get the occasional match where it’s back down to 1400-1500 mmr.

I am starting to see how you climb though, it’s just going to take a lot of games and maintaining greater than 50% win rate. I definitely lost a good chunk of my games due to things that were in my control, and think that if I won those I would probably be around 2kish.

Bgblitz definitely has a learning curve, especially if you didn’t learn the rules/strats on all of the maps last expansion.

Keep that win rate up though and you’ll eventually start getting tossed into higher mmr lobbies (try not to think too much about the mmr for now).

2 Likes

Yeah it’s just random battlegrounds but with rating basically. How you climb is RNG.

You will be stuck at the bottom (for a period of time) with the casual ques because there’s no reason for them to do normal bgs because easy conquest farming.

Keep putting in games until you’re out of the swamp.

2 Likes

^ Basically this

2 Likes

Yeah, seemingly they keep you in purgatory for a really long time for 0 reason.

As Kennie said, roughly around game 20 it randomly let me free of jail and blessedly last game was a win at 2200 MMR and getting actual games.

I haven’t the faintest idea why the placement games go on for so long it’s a little ridiculous.

1 Like

false

after going 8-0 on my rogue i was put into 1250 mmr game on my 9th game

It seems there are multiple barrier zones you have to break through and then your mmr sgarts to skyrocket. I went on like 8-1 and gained 192 per game with no losses first barrier was at like 1400 where i staryed gainin 14 a match and lost -2 per loss. After that mmr not cr, skyrocketed to the point at 1600 I was in 2700mmr games but still only gaining 20.

My guess us theres multiple barrier zones where the system “tests you” if you can win more than you lose. If you can it will increase your mmr and quality of matches (in theory, in reality is all the same trash). If you dont show consistant winning then you are stuck in this hell many describe here in daily basis. Seems weird to me

From what ive seen the hellhole begins when you hit close to 50%wr and then you are stuck in this loop of win a match +20 lose a match -20 win a match +0 lose a match -20.

Basically with how throttled rbg are just don’t think about it. Solo arena is really rng early on and harder on some specs then other ( usually non burst dps as healer skill varies wildly till high mmr). Still it stabilizes.

Bltiz is just yolo unless you duo queue cheese.

16-0, 1651 CR

Get placed into 1390 MMR game

Get 5 points for winning

Release me

:dracthyr_a1:

2 Likes

im glad im not the only one being totally screwed by this system

o well at least i have 1 toon with high mmr.

my hunter is stuck in 1300 now where people literally get bases stole from their face without being ccd

1300 where i outheal healers on my mm hunter

is a fun bracket to be in

uwuuuuuu xddddd

Nerf warrior