Can some non-Elven races get some love?

I just really want Magenta eyes for Draenei and a Onyx skintone for LFD.

I wish they could squeeze Frostborn in somewhere, but I think that would be better as a full race and not customization options… and considering we have Dark Iron, I don’t think another dwarf race would be very accepted and considering how polar opposite Dark Iron and Frostborn are, I don’t think I can expect any of that customization coming from that.

I could imagine the implications it could have on the council and such. Oh, apologies, that is going way off topic ahaha.

Man, black and gold. High school team colours. That’d be fantastic.

1 Like

If we can get Wildhammer Dwarves as a Bronzebeard customization, Sandfury Trolls as a Darkspear customization, Highbourne as Night Elf customization, and so on… we can squeeze in Frostborn. At least they’d feel more natural using Stoneform than Wildhammers, if not by a small degree. :wink:

1 Like

It would be amazing to be able to play them in some form. I fell in love with them instantly in Wrath. It would definitely make sense to have their options come from the Bronzebeards. :)))

In WarCraft II, I fell in love with the flying units - the Dragonmaw Orcs that dominated the dragons into service, and the Wildhammer Dwarves conjuring lightning from gryphonback.

I was incredibly disappointed when Wildhammer tattoos were announced as a customization option for Bronzebeards as it meant they’d never get the Allied Race.

With the Dragonmaw? I was secretly hopeful that their lack of inclusion meant that they’d be getting the Allied Race treatment, but given the complete disinterest in continuing that system, that’s not going to happen.

I’m past the denial. I’m past the guilt that I didn’t do enough to champion them. I’ve moved on to bargaining - if I can’t get Dragonmaw Orcs fully realized, I’ll compromise and take the skin colour/eye combination enabled for core Orcs.

For what it’s worth, here’s my dead “Megathread.” I made the attempt, but we just don’t have the advocacy power that Elf fans do.

2 Likes

I was too. When I saw that about Wildhammer options I was excited and let down. I knew then that if Wildhammer didn’t have a chance, then Frostborn is in the dust.

It would be nice to have all these variations playable with their own small starting area. Like Wildhammer, Dragonmaw, Frostborn, Taunka, etc…, and just have them all under “dwarves” or “orcs” in the creation screen. I understand the bloat and extra work that would cause though… still doesn’t stop me from daydreaming!

I tried a small Frostborn cause as well, but I am not as eloquent with the lore and you are right. Other races don’t have the power behind them that the Elf variations do.

It is especially frustrating when these options could be enabled with the flip of a switch. Taunka and the like… they require some additional work. But Fel Orcs or Frostborn? The skin is there, waiting for us. It just needs to be enabled.

1 Like

When it comes to core races, there is one older and more neglected than pandas.

Meaningless figure. Predicated on exponential growth to mislead people into thinking there are diverse options. If they gave Nightbourne males 10 more barely distinct shades of purple and 9 more faces that look like it’s biting into a lemon, they would exceed the “combinations available” for Orc males. It doesn’t necessarily translate to more diversity in the customization.

That being said, Nightbourne do need a lot of work that wasn’t afforded to them upon their initial release. But this particular interpretation of data is garbage statistics that simply isn’t indicative of reality.

2 Likes

Orcs still have substantially more than worgen or pandas however you choose to look at it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh, they do. But not in the realm of the farcically inflated figure that’s people are throwing around. A simple count of the options will do - an accompanying count of the categories specifically would be even better.

And worgen… I would be surprised if it didn’t dwarf the Orc’s figure if you add in the human options, as well. :wink: But again, that would be misleading and data should not be misconstrued to mislead people.

3 Likes

What is the orc option you consider causes the number to be “farcically inflated?” Skars tattoos and earrings are things everyone wants. Hell, as a male worgen I’d take your upright stance right now to double my number and halve that “farcically inflated” number of yours. :wink:

Please consider giving worgen all the accessory options that humans have because it’s weird to customize the human side with necklaces and earrings that magically disappear when we turn.

2 Likes

I would like to see more for worgen, especially tails. Big bushy tails. Solid black.

Red draenei

More faces for forsaken including a Pretty face, just one. (Don’t hate me)

2 Likes

I have to agree with this. In order ,for the NE’s to find their future more than likely they would have to rediscover their past. Let’s do some traveling to find what hidden secrets they are missing.

1 Like

Imo female taur (both) need attention. blizz still hasnt fixed that horrible camel mouth thing. their heads are also a little small on their shoulders. not to mention the fact they have like four face options. :cry:

while i am nit-picking, fix that tabard/left leg thing they go going on

To imply that Orc males received 70% of developer attention is disingenuous at best.

1 Like

Unpopular option. I don’t think goblins should get monks, but I think they should add gilblins as an AR then make those monks because land goblins basically go against everything that monks are. As they aren’t focused calm close to nature creatures all about inner peace and stuff. Gilgoblins on the other hand would fit the bill perfectly(almost).

1 Like

Inner peace cannot be achieved with a greedy heart.

But under the sea…

1 Like