Can people play ffxiv without telling it to the world?

How does he see?! :rofl:

1 Like

Agree. Especially when you factor in G-Shade. I use about 5 different filters and it makes the game look amazing.

Ever see Larryzaurā€™s videos about Black Mages? Well I feel the philosophy is pretty universal.

1 Like

wellā€¦ i do care

Itā€™s funny because the developers of FF14 have openly stated they sent staff to the USA to specifically ā€œlearnā€ from WoW.

FF14 has copied elements of WoW, without shame (not that they would need any, itā€™s the gold standard for MMOs), so I donā€™t think thereā€™s a problem in comparing them with one another.

Iā€™ve played FFXIV (for really not long since itā€™s a really boring game), the ā€œsemi realisticā€ artificial look is just bad and ages badly.

Generic Skyrim clone looking assets. Sorry, itā€™s just a really bland and generic game with no originality.

Well, as a FFXIV player,

Itā€™s different. It does a lot of things better than WoW graphically, and does a lot of things worse.

The ability to dye gear and to hide every slot adds more customisation by FAR, as well as having multiple year around seasonal tmogs without restrictions.

WoW I think has a more enduring art style, and I personally find the environments in WoW to be far better, but armor sets generally look terrible outside one or two class sets.

The beauty of FF14 again is the universal seasonal sets you can use to mix and match on any job, whereas in cases in WoW youā€™re stuck with bad (ahem HUNTERS, looking at you) armor sets and have no real options.

Not everyone gets to have DK levels of awesomeness.

And newer classes have even less options.

So in terms of character expression, 14 wins.

1 Like

Not really no.

Too bad dye systems make everyone look so Gawdy and color blind in games like it and GW2, or just makes everyone look completely black.

Because letā€™s face it. Thereā€™s 2 types that use dye systems : color blind folks, and edgelords.

DK sets that look good are few and far between. Paladin gets most of the love on the plate side.

Thatā€™s your opinion, but objectively 14 has greater ability for personal character customization than WoW. You canā€™t blame the dye system on peopleā€™s bad taste.

The game systems are worse than WoW. Even BFAā€™s systems are way better.

Also funny to hear a DK call someone else an edge Lord, LOL

But all that saidā€¦ If you donā€™t like it, just donā€™t play it. Pretty easy answer.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I actually do. The thing is : thereā€™s some kind of thing where FFXIV fans think that ā€œus.forums.blizzard.comā€ is a FFXIV discussion forum for some reason.

1 Like

Well, it appears the discussion is now in the correct subforum now.

Itā€™s also important to examine other games to help you see how yours is doing.

Being laser focused on your own product without considering the competition is pretty short sighted.

Not seeing a problem here.

And letā€™s be honestā€¦ What other things are generally being discussed in general? Usually politically charged complaints, statements, or trolling.

Are least this discussion is relevant to the game.

And I generally think WoW is a better product, so I wouldnā€™t say at all im a shill for that other game.

1 Like

Good, muting this thread and moving on.

I did play FFXIV. For the whole 3 hours I managed to stay awake. Then I promptly uninstalled it as it was boring to tears. 3 hours, 7 levels, 0 combat. Lots of talking.

Even Dragon Age wasnā€™t that awful.

Itā€™s almost like thereā€™s different stuff for different people?

No need to get so upset about something you donā€™t care about.

Have a good one bro

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen 2 portrayals of Paladins on this thread. Both seemed to be somewhat visually challenged. Well neither was in combat. perhaps when fighting, they ā€œbristleā€. Sorry. The females equipment, very detailed and completely lacks any aura at all in the way of having a cartoonish quality. The male had the same lack, but what did show was his (to me), slight build, the quality in how he was dressed, and his cologne: ā€œAir of Absolute Confidence.ā€ He looked like a tricky Rogue.

14 Paladins have two things that WoW Paladins WISH they had

1. Gap closer
  2. SNOWFLAKE ATTACK (This is not an exaggeration, see below)

I still like WoWā€™s paladin better overall, but 14ā€™s has some style.

An actual combat video (final boss of the latest dungeon)

From what I hear, there are WoW players that go to their forums doing the same thing. Heck, every MMO I play has people coming in from other games doing comparison arguments all the time.

Some people still have a hard time realizing ā€œgoodā€ is subjective - itā€™s all about what the individual player is looking for. I think for some of those people that come to a gameā€™s forum, itā€™s not to say whether a game is blatantly ā€œbetterā€ but rather:

ā€œI like game ā€˜Xā€™ but Iā€™m upset with how it is currently. Iā€™m playing game ā€˜Yā€™ which shares a game mechanic from ā€˜Xā€™ that is done differently and feel it may improve the experience for game ā€˜Xā€™ā€¦ā€

One example of those features Iā€™ve seen in FFXIV that get likes here regularly is their implementation of pathfinder. Aside from it being zone-based, you get it by finishing a zoneā€™s story chain and uncovering the map. You start flying in that zone right then and there. No year-long rep grind and a part 2.

In business, you are going to care what your competition is doing. The last thing you want happen is to become complacent from being in top for too long, unchallenged. Kind of what is happening between Intel and AMD currently.

1 Like

Iā€™ve made my opinion on this subject openly, (feel free to check my posts).

A lot of people get REALLY defensive about 14. Like, ignoring facts defensive. Itā€™s got its high points and itā€™s drawbacks, and personally, based on some of the facts of the game, WoW is a better game for me.

My wife prefers 14 because she loves crafting, housing, and itā€™s aesthetics. I mainly play it for her, but Iā€™ll say the main story alone is worth playing. Itā€™s a good 35-40 hours for the main Shadowbringers story.

My biggest gripes with 14 is that i have a hard time justifying logging in every day because thereā€™s very little to gain (unlike WoW), that thereā€™s much less feeling of power progression, and you have no choices to customize your combat experience. All Paladins are exactly the same, etc. etc.

Yes I know meta is a thing in WoW, but you absolutely can play the class differently if your skillset is different. I like the flexibility. And yes, I know you can swap jobs, but thatā€™s not the same thing. Sometimes you want to be a RtB Outlaw rogue, and sometimes you just want to be a SnD outlaw rogue.

1 Like

FF people seem to want our mythic+, big mythic raids and transmog collection system, from what I understand.

But for mythic+ they donā€™t seem to realize that the way their dungeons are designed, mythic+ would never work. You need to have alternative routes, dangerous patrols and options to skip packs for it to be interesting. Violet Hold did not get a mythic+ in Legion for that reason. Unless that has changed since I quit, FFā€™s dungeons are linear, so mythic+ would just be a race to the finish. Boring.

The only ones of their dungeons that would do good mythic+ are Castrum Meridianum, the Praetorium and the Aurum Vale. (And all 3 of those happen to be hated by the playerbase.)