Can people play ffxiv without telling it to the world?

Why everyone who tries that game comes to the world of warcraft forums to say how good it is and how wow should copy it.
Do you think someone is going to care at all? lol

3 Likes

If you hate WoW being compared to any other MMO (really, FF is just the most popular after WoW), you’d hate playing a card game.

MtG is constantly compared to Hearthstone, Hearthstone is constantly compared to MtG, Runeterra is constantly compared to both, and YuGiOh is sitting in the back of the room quietly munching on some paste.

People will compare games they play to similar games they also play. It’s just how it works.

3 Likes

FFXIV really taking up some free space in your brain huh? Making an entirely new thread for it.

Interesting Choice.

Never understood the need to hate on people who enjoy something that you happen to not.

1 Like

Tell that to the people who keep spouting how FFXIV is going to kill WoW.

1 Like

It is because people have spite, and want to show Blizzard they are not playing wow, but another mmo.

In truth, I think it is silly myself. and don’t like that this community is going over toward the game I raid and do pug content in as well, but hey to each his or her own.

Maaaaybe…

But look how cool my Paladin looks over there:

Debating on changing the hairstyle and hair color to go full Adeptus Sororitas.

Well FFXIV is the number 1 right now. They did dethrone Blizzard. Just not killed lol.

1 Like

Its generally people who like wow, or dislike the most current wow, enjoyed ff14, and want wow to adopt some of the things.

1 Like

im playing solitar right now.
i suck at it.

Oh, highlander. Nice choice.

1 Like

Where are they?

It’s become the ‘I’ll teach Blizzard a thing or two…’ go to. Right after #cancelsub

I am going to preface by saying that I haven’t played FFXIV, but personally I do not find the players annoying at all. Most of them seem critical enough to know what is lack in FF while suggesting WoW adopts what the series does well.

1 Like

Apparently you cared enough to make a thread complaining about it.

1 Like

Square Enix pays its shills well.

That looks pretty awful my dude.

When you come in here and make a thread about it, I suppose I’ll respond, yeah I have played FF14. Maybe in the past tense, maybe not. Just remember who started this conversation. Also they don’t have forums and that is inferior.

Edit: Mod shenanigans…

Alright, erm… why is it you think FF14 is doing well, let alone beating WoW?

Eh, the website doesn’t do the in-game graphics justice, especially when they’re cranked up on max. About on par with the comparison to the WoW Armory and WoW in-game.

The armor models, though… really fit my personal tastes and style, and the colors especially.

15 years on and I still don’t have a solid dull black plate armor that I can use in WoW. Cries in lack of Black Templar WoW Cosplay-ability.

2 Likes

I play both games. 14 is mostly inferior to WoW, but it has its moments.

my paladin

https://img2.finalfantasyxiv.com/f/c0dd8badf41aa5af513940ab6efcf671_7b33d33ae3ecb996f778a5f67a6a0af6fl0_640x873.jpg?1602278685&_ga=2.157259064.2098233881.1602280507-1020141028.1550211059

1 Like