Can not connect after 8.2.5

Servers are up, I can log into game, however the app errors out when trying to connect.

1 Like

They updated it, need to delete the app, redownload it, and it will update itself.

Edit: even after updating, app still times out connecting. /Sigh

tried that, no difference, times out / wont connnect
not sure why
maybe apple store doesnt have the latest version yet? running on ios13.

Ah, I hope I don’t have to update my iOS to get the WoW app to work. I was waiting out for 13.1 before updating.

I sure hope they don’t require 13.1 on iPads, because iPadOS drops support for a decent number of devices – including my Air.
[GryphonMD]

hmm, dont know on that front
I know the new ios for the ipads doesnt come out till the 30th. I usually run on my iphoneX which is always up to date. I just double checked app store
I also did the delete and reinstall to no end. Am wondering if this problem is happening on non-ios phones/tablets as well.

My iPhone is on iOS13 and I can’t connect either. Hopefully Blizzard will be pushing an in-app update through later today.

Same, ios 13 on iphone 8. Wish the app didnt always lag behind the patch releases

1 Like

FWIW iPadOS and iOS 13.1 came out today, a week ahead of schedule (this was announced late last week). My phone is running 13.1 and will timeout during connection to server. My tablet is 12.4.x, and crashes instead of timing out.

EDIT: Phone now says “You have been disconnected from the server” instead of a timeout, and the iPad says the same instead of crashing.

[GryphonMD]

Havent tried running it on my ipad pro seoncd gen - which shows no updates available.
on the iphone am on ios 13.1, and am not getting the ‘you’ve been disconnected’ message, bounces me to the select list, and does the same as soon as I try to select a toon.

Same here. Keeps disconnecting.

Same here, on Android. I can log on, and it takes about 5 seconds to show my character list, but when I select a character, I get “You have been disconnected from the server.” within a couple seconds.

Same here on an iPhone XS Max. Still no update and get the msg that I’ve been disconnected as soon as I open the app.

This has been a horrible update across the board. Feels like they rushed it out with all these problems coming up.

I manage my followers almost exclusively through the app because it’s a pain to travel to the ship in the game.

Are we going to get an update on this issue anytime soon?

Same issue. Worked before patch. Now it disconnects when trying to get into a character.
iPhone 8 Plus iOS 12.4.1. I assume it’s going to need an app update but there hasn’t been anything available to download yet.

The os version isn’t the issue. The companion app ran fine under iOS 13 before yesterday. This is an issue with 8.2.5 breaking the companion app.

Same issue on android, galaxy s9

So with all the hype over 8.2.5, the main post in which they announced updates to the comp app
they seem to be paying absolutely no attention to the fact that they broke it completely. I know the actual game takes priority (and trust me there is plenty broken there atm). however the complete lack of input from the those who should be here monitoring / supporting the mobile issues is more then a bit irritating.

Broken for me too. Please fix.

Broken for me too. Ios13.0 (not 13.1 yet)

iPhone 7 if that helps