Can i play without bfa

it feels like a effective requirement to have bfa.
at every theres some content retroactively unplayable beacause nobody hangs around in the old zones
is there any major content i can do without bfa.

edit* congratulations on only reading the title. if there were enough people for me to play legion endgame i would do it. so dont just ignore the actual post and say “pfff just do legion stuff!”. if i could i would. but i havent even seen anyone in the zones in a long time. much less do anything with them. and turns out going into a transmog run with max level characters kind of defeats the point. why would i raid just to be dead weight while everyone else kills the boss in 2 minutes.

Nope… but why buy BfA now, shadowlands is for sale.

4 Likes

I’d assume you can do holiday events. Other than that, you’re pretty much stuck to stuff you can solo.

Well…Shadowlands ain’t coming for awhile

Game requires purchasing it to play. More at eleven.

Classic is there for you, I guess?

7 Likes

Of course you can play without BFA, Legion is still really enjoyable even with the weapons being deactivated. Just don’t make another thread later raging because there’s a shiny you can’t get because it requires BFA.

IKR… shocking!

I suppose you can run the Legion dungeons and raids. There is often groups going there for transmogs, mounts, etc. I believe pvp is still an option. Plus there is the anniversary AV.

2 Likes

you can run the AV holiday event right now to level to 120 and not do actual bfa content. However, you would still need the physically own the expansion.

First off, you can’t pre-order Shadowlands unless you own BFA so the suggestion to just buy Shadowlands, skipping BFA will not work. BFA should become available to those of us that don’t have it yet when Shadowlands drops.

Secondly, You can most definitely play content without buying BFA. I enjoy the game immensely and am a max level 110. Only you will know whether it suits your needs.

i suppose it depends what you call “major”.

if you don’t have the expansion, there’s still plenty of endgame stuff to do at 110

invasions, broken shore, argus, pathfinder etc

1 Like

You can level alts through Legion, and do all the stuff from Legion and before. Get all your characters up and ready for the next expansion.

You can’t do BFA stuff, or get the allied races without BFA, but you can get the rep grind done to get most of them, and there is plenty of other things to do.

I barely play BfA content. Been going back to legion to fill in the rep for the rest of my ARs.

There’s been a lot of other players there as well. So I think there are more people doing this than one might think.

Only if you want to do the content that requires it. Many of the holiday events do scale now, so 120 isn’t a requirement, though some have a limit for the loot bag, and if you want the Obsidian Worldbreaker, that requires level 120 and a 380 item level.

2 Likes

Unless they purchase the complete collection or bfa they won’t be able to purchase shadowlands, though.

are you sure. i know for a fact they have a free trial up to level 20. and i have no clue what you mean by “more at eleven”

If you are fine with doing only wqs and argus mobs in legion well bfa is the current expac go for it. But you can’t solo dingeons or raids. And pugs farming old raods for xmog may oray not carry you for nothing.

Besides the classes don’t function as they did in legion so even if you had a raid group of 110s farming legion it wouldn’t be the same as it was.

But it’s your time so.

Its the nature of mmos. Old content that is not current gets left behind and most will not bother to run it since there is little to gain.

You can play without BFA , but remember you will be playing a different game than the one played by players when each expansion was releases , so many things are removed from expansions just before a new expansion is released.

2 Likes

this edit is a tad rude, especially considering your original post was so vague.

you gave no indication of what you consider “major content”.

perhaps to you, “major content” means raiding… in which case, you could have simply specified that.
You won’t find many people raiding old content at level.
…but when it comes to major content, there’s a whole lot more to do than just raid.

endgame content is more than just raiding.
there is still lots of major content you can do without BFA.
…but if your only goal is endgame raiding, you’ll want the current expansion.

…and as for not seeing anyone in the zones, i’m not really believing that… i did an invasion yesterday, and there were people at every site… enough people to get all the elite quests done.

4 Likes

Probably because Shadowlands is a year away.

3 Likes

Yikes, the news really is dead.