Can I get suspended for griefing?

I killed a player numerous times in a row because they had an infinite resurrection which was apparently the result of a quest they were on, for the purpose of creating a video to show to Blizzard. Although, I am pretty sure Blizzard clearly states on one of the report tabs that pvp farming is not against the rules. But I don’t want to wake up to a suspension. I have the video just in case anybody wanted to see it. Already made a post about the bug in the actual bug forums.

1 Like

It’s could be considered an abuse of an exploit not giefing. You should have just reported it as a Bug and stopped doing it.

“Griefing” in and of itself is a little complicated, Christmasday, and generally means different things to different people. I’ll focus on the act.

You may, through PvP, kill the same character repeatedly. As long as they are flagged/in Warmode, and able to be attacked, it is usually not considered a violation to do so.

If there is some kind of bug or exploit that allows you to abuse a system, that might be something else entirely. I’d limit how often you “test” a possible bug so it does not look like you are trying to take advantage of it.

If you are colluding with the enemy faction that can fall into the area of win trading and would usually be considered a violation of our policies.

I hope that answers your questions. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah I had never seen this happen before. Looking through my chat, my confusion was abundantly clear. I killed him numerous times for the sake of a video because I figured it was another pre-patch related bug, but then some guy came and said I can get reported which is when I stopped, although I planned on doing so anyway. Obviously an investigator wouldn’t be able to verify that, but in the event that I predictably get suspended, which looking back I am expecting now (lol), I wanted to at least have proof that I wasn’t trying to botch a player’s experience or take advantage of something. I thought the other player was the one using an exploit. Thanks Vrak.

EDIT: While I’m here, I had another small question. This all happened as I am currently running through Legion dungeons with a friend for her artifact. I noticed that I have been getting loot not usable for my class from the bosses. She has too. I’m on my Monk and have been getting Plate, Mail, and Cloth gear. Is this intended?

EDIT 2: Is there a self-report page for this?

Prepatch, if you were 11 levels higher than the minimum level for the dungeon, you got group loot instead of personal loot for most dungeons.

I don’t know What the level difference needed for group loot is now.