Can I create 2nd WoW account if main one is temporarily suspended?

If my main WoW account is temporarily suspended for a few days am I allowed to create a new WoW account and purchase game time for it and play WoW on that account until my main account is no longer suspended? I wasn’t sure about this and did not want to risk any further action being taken against my main account for playing on another account. Thank you and I appreciate any help given.

Also I wanted to add this is in relation to classic WoW so I am curious if I am able to create a new WoW account for the time being and play classic WoW on that while I wait for the suspension to end.

Personaly i wouldnt bother its only a few days maybe take the time away to reflect on why you got suspended in the first place and think on how to do better so it wont happen again.

Oh I reflected on it alright. The honor grind in classic got to me and I guess I didn’t stay as active in some of the BGs as I should have. It won’t happen again. :slight_smile:

Bear in mind that while suspended, you won’t be able to transfer anything from the original account to the new account, and no progress achieved on the new account will count toward the original account.

If you’re just looking to kill time while you wait out the suspension, though, knock yourself out.

Fair enough, and I figured that would be how it is. When the suspension is over however is it Ok to mail stuff from the new account to the main account? Though I doubt I would have enough time to accomplish much starting out on a new account. Also this is mainly in question for classic WoW so not sure if things are different for that than retail.

Should be fine if it raises red flag you can always apeal just make sure its under the same email.

Alright. I want to wait for a blue response for the thumbs up just to be extra sure. My WoW account is going on 16 years old now and I don’t want to lose it. :woozy_face:

I just want to make it clear a blue response isnt gaurenteed this is primairly a player to player support forum with blue moderation that will only step in if they need to clarify things.

2 Likes

Under most circumstances, that’s fine, Zanorel. Sounds like you know what happened, and that wouldn’t be one of them that typically sanctions an entire account.

2 Likes

I know what happened yes, but I am still confused and upset as to why an 8 day suspension was given over PvP Non Participation instead of a warning first especially since I’m pretty sure my account was in good standing and didn’t have other suspensions on it. I don’t feel like I did not participate for any considerable amount of time in any of the BGs I was in that deserved an 8 day suspension. The honor grind in classic can get to you and yes there were a few times where I tabbed out a moment because nothing was happening on defense but I still feel like I participated enough this past week to not have this action taken against me. I guess I don’t fully understand how this system works in classic. I’m just very worried I’ll get hit with another next time and get suspended for longer.

The other players reported you which would mean that they disagree. We don’t get to choose how long our account penalties are for. Hopefully 8 days will be enough to encourage you to either always participate or to choose not to join BGs when you’re not in the mood to play.

You really won’t have to worry about it unless you continue to choose not to participate in the BGs that you’re opting to join.

That said, yes, typically further account actions do tend to increase in time.

1 Like

Do you mean the other players disagree? This is all about perspective. Its one thing to sit in the cave in AV all game every game and do literally nothing then get suspended for it (which I did not do) and its another to get reported AFK at moments where another player thinks you’re AFK or just mad that you’re not playing like how they want you to. While the suspension will make me be more active in BGs now I still feel like it was too harsh a punishment for something like this. I feel like a warning or even a 24 hour suspension would have been more appropriate. I can understand it if I had received previous warnings or suspensions over the same thing before but I have not so my first punishment for this felt very wrong to me.

You can certainly appeal again and ask for a more lenient punishment, but since it’s only an 8 day suspension, they aren’t likely to reduce it.

I may give it a try. 8 days is a long time in WoW considering you miss an entire week’s worth of progression. The suspension also locked me out of my retail account for some reason so I will miss out on next week’s Maw weeklies, world boss, vault loot, missions, and several other things. Come to think of it I really don’t understand why I was locked out of retail also for a classic WoW thing.

It’s because your Classic account is attached to your Retail account and vice versa. So things like account actions, silences etc. in either game, effects both Retail and Classic at the same time.

2 Likes

It began with other players reporting you. It concluded with a GM looking over all of the data of that offense and any pattern of it from previous bouts. Just like in the other thread where you chimed in on, there is often some pattern of similar behavior before a suspension is applied. You may think you were being involved and participating by your measure. Other players disagreed, and then so to did a GM. So trust that perspective is a facet of their investigation, and they agreed that you were not performing to some level of expectation.

1 Like

I thought if other players in the BG reported you, it would pop up a message in-game that you’re afk. If you start participating it would go away. Or am I thinking of something else?

Yes, you should get a debuff indicating that you’re flagged afk. Details can be found here:

3 Likes

I don’t think this happens in classic, at least not to my knowledge. I did mention above that this was pertaining to classic WoW and not retail…

GM Orlyia is it possible to ask you a question in private? I’m having (somewhat) the same issue: got banned/suspended weeks ago, asked for an appeal and suspension was lifted then a week ago I got banned again for some reason and my non-active WoW accounts got hit too (even a Starter WoW account when it was even not active/not played upon).