Can Frost get Soul Reaper or at least another button to press

Presences are the antithesis of auras. Presences are selfish, but why not just bake what you are asking for in the class or respective spec?

The increased chance at km and rime, they would just reduce the base chance to be lower so when you get the improved version its what we have now. Blizzard has been doing this already so its not some far-fetched hypothesis.

So what is making it so i wouldnt want to sit in a presence? If im just going to sit in frost presence for 10% St and increased km and rime procs what would they others provide me that would be of equal value?

With your suggestions 99% of the people would pick a presence and sit in it. The very reason they got rid of it.

lets start with i dont want ranks, that’s just taking away to give back later in a false sense of progression. nobody spends months leveling anymore, we get that done in a weekend and then sit at level cap for 2 years. you could remove leveling from wow entirely and most of the playerbase wouldn’t even notice.

more procs means more RNG. we need less RNG procs and more static playable setup.

at minimum i would like to see a 15% movement speed buff and a 1.0 sec GCD from unholy pres.

2 Likes

i dont want ranks either but this team seems to like doing it so
improved unholy pres could reduce the rng of something
since i dont play unholy what rng part of your rotation would you like reduced

give me something that would make you happy to see then

make a suggestion

unholy presence won’t give blood tap back. its the removal of RNG procs from resource and playstyle entirely i want. no sudden doom, no runic corruption, no procs that turn your wet noodle into a nuke. and not just my abilities, but everyone’s. nobody should ever win a duel or arena match because of RNG.

take resource regen, atm its RNG, you spend RP and maybe you proc runic corruption, maybe you don’t.

compare that to blood tap where you spend a static amount of RP to get a static amount of blood charges which you spend a static amount of with blood tap to generate a static amount of runes.

I would approach it a little differently:

-Baseline Glacial Advance
-Remove useless hypothermic pres and replace with Frost Whelps
-I like your Chill Streak change:
“Remove from PvP talent pool; additionally, change ability to be able to bounce off the casting DK to provide a shield equal to 25% of the damage lasting 8 seconds that would have been dealt to an enemy if only one enemy is in range (explained more below)”
-Frostscythe Rework: I would have Frostsythe replace obliterate completely when chosen. I need to think this through more because that would be very difficult to balance. All obliterate interactions would stay intact? Would give us a Machine gun build option.
-Buff Icy Talons: stacks 4 times and buff raid by 3% or something.
-Buff Death’s Reach: Increases range and provides 2 charges.
-Wraith Walk baseline: Replace with new talent: Walkers Husk - Reduces damage 100% in pvp and 50% in pve when used. Fits damage mitigation theme better.
-DKs need better physical damage mitigation. Buff IBF, Permafrost, Death Pact or lichborne.

1st Row (Level 15): Unchanged (IT buffed)
2nd Row (Level 25): Unchanged
3rd Row (Level 30): Unchanged (Death’s Reach buffed)
4th Row (Level 35): Unchanged (FS changed mechanically)
5th Row (Level 40) : Permafrost - Walkers Husk - Death pact
6th Row (Level 45): Gathering Storm - Frost Whelps - Chill Streak
7th Row (Level 50): Unchanged

I’ve given it plenty of times. New 2 cost rune ability, obliterate becomes only usable with KM, Frostscythe replaces the 2 rune spender for cleave.

I like what you’re saying

Personally disagree with this one though. I like that the magic damage mitigation is a niche of DK and wouldn’t change that personally.

Now that blizz has decided to make the set bonus a bandaide rather than giving us a baseline aoe spender, this isn’t going to happen.

Unless they come up with another set bonus redesign, we’re stuck until 10.0.

I like frost, but my god are the talents awful. The kit also forces frost to fall off like a rock the higher you go in M+.

Redesign ice cap, provide baseline aoe spender, potentially make BoS baseline or don’t force frost into it as the only form of competitive damage, stop giving RW so much power/weight through conduits and talents. Until theses are done frost has no build flexibility and will remain mid tier for cleave and bottom barrel for single target.

BoSs baseline would bring an end to the ability. It wouldnt be able to exist how it is with it being baseline and would end up like something like bonestorm. It happened with Void Form which you wanted to do the same thing basically. Upkeep.

Also I’m not entirely sure about your suggestion of shifting frost scythe to the sustain row, it’s not a sustain talent

I also dont know why anyone wouldnt want to change Icy Talons. Its a shadow of its former self in any of the forms it existed prior to when it was changed to a stacking upkeep buff that it is now.

In wrath it was 25% for having FF on the target with improved Icy Talons.

In cata from what I can find was attack speed increase by 20%, haste increased by 10%, and 5% more haste stat from all sources. Improved Icy Talons increased attack speed of party and raid members by 10% and increased your own attack speed by another 5%.

Now its 10% less than what we had basically baseline, and it was baseline at one point, and you have to upkeep it. I would rather them just to delete Icy Talons than make a mockery of something that was a staple of a high attack speed spec.

High attack speed was for KM. KM was just procced from auto attacks, higher auto attack rate meant more KM procs which meant more Obliterate and Frost Strike crits, and guess what… absolutely no one complained about the spec until they started messing with the rune system.

Blizzard and quite a lot of people on these forums have absolutely no direction for the spec. They are trying to make it cling to the past while trying to force it in a direction that these things werent designed for in the first place.

Obliterate for example, for an ability that was and is used ALL THE TIME, its base damage is low now thanks to KM rank 2 and ever since it was put into the game there has been complaints about Obliterates base damage. Thats why I suggest another rune spender and just make Obliterate cost nothing and only usable while KM is procced.

Change Frostscythe to replace the new Rune ability for cleave. Yeah, it might be hard to balance but thats what testing is for

Frozen Pulse is also another one of those things that is attack speed reliant in a way with a spec/class that is constantly being slowed down. Why does it exist?

Hypothermic Presence… while what it does it does well… why is it there? Its not needed what so ever. Especially when its up against Remorseless Winter and Glacial Advance… why isnt it just moved to say the Runic Attenuation / Murderous Efficiency row? There is only one possible answer, Blizzard doesnt know what direction to take with Frost and couldnt think of a new talent to put in the place of Frostwyrms Fury so they made something for a space filler.

Icecap, really only synergizes with DW because of how DW mechanics work. As long as a main hand or offhand crits it counts towards Icecap CD reduction. So really DW has 2 chances per Obliterate / Frost Strike to reduce PoF CD while 2h only has 1.

So realistically, in every single row that provides some kind of dps benefit, there is one dead and useless talent.

Could always be worse though, could be Enhancement Shaman.

Hypothermic Presence just feels like a filler skill that wasn’t meant to ever be used

i dont think a ability that we have been using should be locked behind KM when it procs. I think the 2 rune ability should be the one that is locked

frost punch or it slashes twice in a X pattern like Cloud’s cross slash

it was a gut punch cuz people were asking for presences

I think obliterate is good in it’s current state rn. I like KM procs and it’s base dmg.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be mad if they did a complete overhaul of Frost.

UH plays the death by a thousand cuts style. I think Frost should lean more into the hard-hitting spec it teases to be. Build it from the ground up with systems and talents that work well with 2h and DW that don’t favor one or the other so heavily.

1 Like

I don’t think a rework is necessary. Just a few good changes

i kinda do as well i was talking to Kel about a new 2 rune ability thats lock’d behind KM and only available when it procs

id still want for oblit to do frost damage all the time

and if pof stays 12 sec then KM and Rime should be on all the time so you can play wack a mole

So you dont actually understand what im talking about.

Im not talking about a new 2 rune ability that is locked behind KM. Not what I said at all.

What im talking about and addressing is something that has been complained about ever since pre-patch of the shadowlands. Something you spend a long time early on talking about. Obliterate base damage being garbage and KM buffing Obliterate damage by a lot depending on how much Mastery you have.

You cant touch the base damage of Obliterate and not raise the ceiling as well, meaning KM procs would make Obliterate hit that much harder.

The way to fix this, which a lot of other people agreed would be a good fix, would be to add in another ability that costs 2 runes… say oh I dont know, Rune Strike which is still in the game just no one has access to it. So that is your rune spender.

Obliterate would still exist and work with Killing Machine. 0 cost, always do frost damage, be a crit but you need a KM proc to use it which people want KM procs for Obliterate anyways so they have less regular weak hitting Obliterates.

Or, people can just stop complaining about something that they asked for and live with weak obliterate hits. I was seeing 600 Obliterate hits and 7k crits with KM at one point in time. Thats a big difference. With what this fix would do is be able to bring that 600 up to like 1500 and a 3k crit without touching that 7k Obliterate which was early in the expansion.

But you want it to stay as is even though you complained about it earlier… makes no sense to me.