Can Frost get Soul Reaper or at least another button to press

Love Frost in pvp, very fun, very satisfying, VERY good when it comes to certain things like control and damage pressure.

But like, can we have something else to press? Something to dump our runic power into rather than literally just Frost Strike a few times for okay-ish damage.

Because hitting Obliterate over and over then Frost Strike which is almost identical over and over with very few things added here and there (Hit remorseless winter when it’s off cd, hit rime when it procs) that’s about it.

So I’m saying maybe give Frost a version of Soul Reaper that costs runic power, since that seems at least plausible mid expansion. Hopefully in the future maybe we’ll get new abilities all together, still disappointing the ONLY thing we got was a mediocre talent nobody uses

5 Likes

as long as it does shadowfrost damage and not just shadow and if it procs and doesnt kill it refreshes a rune. if it does it refreshes a rune and gives rp

if we got blood plague and crypt fever via heart and plague strike. HB infects with FF but spreads to everything within its hit cap. and PS refeshes diseases

Yeah frost is missing a baseline skill tbh

3 Likes

why does it have the limitation of needing honor/exp enemies to give runic corruption?

I wouldn’t mind getting a frost soul reaper, but, I think we should have an aoe runic spender at base first, or at least as well, i think should be glacial advance, replace glacial advance’s place with some cool passive buff to frostwyrm’s fury or maybe an upgrade passive to glacial advance

1 Like

they always have those kind of abilities that only work within the level range

Glacial advance during the alpha had a better design

https:// i.imgur. com/ 5h6zFv9 .jpg

3 Likes

why the hell did they change that it looks sick? was it nerfed as well? damn that should totally be base, not a damn talent.

3 Likes

people complained about spell effects so they nerf’d it. FF14 has option in the settings menu that lets you tone down spell effects. I wish we had something like that.

id like icy touch back. it was a single target hb that also dispelled stuff from the target

they could also bring hungering cold back as a upgrade to DnD that slows targets up to 90% on a 45 sec cd

1 Like

would be nice if there was a frost upgrade for dnd that made it frost dmg as it is now it does so little damage that it’s probably our worst skill.

1 Like

thats what you could change permafrost to
replaces DND
Hungering Cold

40 Runic Power

Instant cast 45 sec cooldown

Purges the earth around the Death Knight of all heat. Enemies within 10 yards are slowed by 90%, and dealing moderate amount of frost damage for 10 sec

1 Like

isn’t howling blast enough for frost fever application? what if it took a page from rampart transferance and increased runic power generation by 10% or something?

1 Like

there edited it and i guess HB is enough. would it be a stretch for FS or oblit to hit multiple targets while in HG

or oblit has a higher chance of proccing rime

so many things they could do with it

yeah theres a lot of stuff that could work, not sure if it should replace permafrost though, probably glacial advance if it went baseline like it should

see permafrost is nice if nothing is beating on you, but when they are the shield is so weak its not worth it.

thats why i suggested the change to something else

I don’t think the purpose of it is to give you a big damage shield, i think the purpose of it is to essentially just be a small amount of effective mitigation

a tad to small to make a difference and its only tied to AA makes it a meh talent

if it was bigger and tried to special abilities as well then it would be worth while

if we got blood plague back would yall want it as a strike or via pestilence and HB and another frost abilities refreshes what ever on the targets

i would like a frost version of blood boil. frost rune explosion. consume a rune to aoe a frost explosion around you

i still want to bring back icy touch

and death syphon to replace death pact

Death siphon? Damn I’ve really missed out on so much. Don’t even know what that is.

costed 1 death rune 40 yrd range spell mediumish dps 400% heal

I just wish there was an instant cast alternative to BoS for dumping RP in AoE. I also wish HB prio was higher during AoE. Seems like it should be, but that probably takes too much from oblit during ST.