Can Blizzard come clean with us about 9.1 please?

Like? You had the 4 zones and the class hall campaign. Now we have the 4 zones and the covenant campaign.

1 Like

It was at this point I decided OP was a troll.

2 Likes

Ah yeah, that was why

I’ve already done all 4 covenant campaigns, in Legion was probably still working on the class campaigns, so that made the content last longer.

To be fair, I haven’t finished all the covenant upgrades yet. But farming anima takes forever, taking too long to unlock each thing

1 Like

No worries Lilithia, Blizz has themselves covered there :+1:

Limited Warranty. THE PLATFORM, ACCOUNTS, AND THE GAME(S) ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” BASIS FOR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF CONDITION, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE USE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, TITLE, AND THOSE ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the Platform and the Game(s) remains with the user.

They just gave a bunch of interviews after “BlizzconOnline” about what is in 9.1. They’ve never given release dates until just before a release of a patch.

I don’t really consider “do 5 individual hour long missions with your minions” as content.

Those are irrelevant (and completely optional) to the Covenant campaign.

1 Like

Idc if they post a blue post on their current status of the patch or not. Just make a good 9.1 patch and release it on time.

they’ll keep blaming covid
 long after its gone

2 Likes

Well that’s a reasonable enough excuse I guess.

They were never your WoW friends then to begin with. I’ve played this game since the beginning, nothing it has done has gotten rid of me yet, why is Shadowlands all of the sudden different in terms of losing people permanently? Every expansion has its growth and decline. I personally do not feel that each individual change in the game that Blizzard makes actually impacts their subscriptions, but more so the status of society and everyone’s ability to work in an MMO like WoW. There are so many things in life that can keep you from playing WoW, so I just have a harder time believing that at 15 years old, WoW is bleeding subs because itself has changed rather than the gaming community and culture itself.

5 Likes

The fact is that we won’t be getting 9.2 until 2022, which means no 9.3, it will be just be bang on into the expansion after that, so Shadowlands will be a failed expansion like WoD

Which is really sad, as this expansion had so much potential. On the bright side, at least Shadowlands had an excuse with the covid thing, WoD had no excuse.

I don’t think you know what a fact is.

Got receipts for this?

4 Likes

Could also mean that 9.3 won’t drag on for a year like every other x.3, or that they’ll make Shadowlands a 2.5 year expac instead of the usual 2 years, but hey, I’m not omniscient.

1 Like

launch was 23 November
how is that 5 months?

one of these following statements is true:

• you hate the game so much that you maintain multiple accounts while you complain about the state of the game non-stop.

• you haven’t finished a singular covenant campaign.

1 Like

No I done all 4 of them, though just because I’m not Renown 40 doesn’t mean campaign isn’t finished not sure if you get an achieve for that?

Though I am pretty private with wow alts so if I could hide all my achieves etc I would.

I thought they already had blamed it on covid? Is that just a rumor?

Their current approach is the less they talk about this the less of a hole they can dig themselves and the less trouble they can get in by talking.
Not the approach I would recommend at all, but it is what they are doing, and you asking them to change that is not going to have any impact.

That being said, there is nothing to “come clean” about.
9.1 will be on the PTR next weekish and we will know more then.

Its pretty obvious they are behind for a variety of reasons, but all you are entitled to with your subscription is access to their servers.
It has been a luxury recently to have many patches developed quickly, and that obviously is no longer happening currently, but the game still has an infinite amount of hours to spend in it, so look at it this way.

If you don’t believe you can enjoy the game in the state its in now for any longer, you probably will just feel this way about 9.1 too at some point.
What’s the point of rushing it for everyone else who enjoys the game and wants it to be the best it can be?

2 Likes

Pretty sure they did the opposite, actually. Last year they claimed that “transitioning to working from home was really easy” and “didn’t impact development at all.” And then they delayed SL by a month, have been slow with news, and have taken their time with 9.1.

With how often people like to preach about Blizzard lying about things, I’m amazed the one thing they’ve apparently taken at face value is their statement on COVID.

I have worked in the software industry and seen things like this before. It’s likely an issue with the company being too big now. Often time managers fish for the most positive information they can, and then that gets fed up through the chain to other managers until it reaches PR. Its like a positive version of the telephone game. It can turn a “Maybe we can have it done
?” into a “YEAH, WE ARE COMPLETELY ON SCHEDULE!” No one wants to upset their higher ups, so they just phrase things as positively as they can and really screw up PR efforts.

1 Like

“I like to torture myself, so they aren’t your friends.”

THat’s what you said.

7 Likes