Campaign Quest Locked Behind Raiding

2500 rep for loamm people. Just finished it.

3 Likes

Damn that’s pretty weak for an end of campaign reward… thx for the heads up I’ll knock it out after I get the loam weekly to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Well considering the ending makes absolutely zero sense if you haven’t killed him thats how it should be.

Now wether lfr should fully release day 1 or not is another discussion, personally i think it should.

Are you okay? This thread is about the fact that LFR players can’t do the last quest in the current campaign until next month. I fall within that demographic. The HUGE NEWS today was “last campaign quest chain open today!!!”*

*unless you haven’t killed Sark yet, then you gotta wait til next month"

14 Likes

I’m okay, thank you for asking!

Nope! It would force raiders to have to double raid to get tier. No thanks.

Like they dont already? If you dont do it now you wont do it then.

1 Like

is there any big reward at the end of the campaign? crests or anything?

Do they really still cater to the two elitists left in normal-heroic-mythic raiding that just want lfr to eat crap? LFR isn’t so integral to my play that I can’t live without it, but damn, the idea that they actually think normal+ “deserves to have it sooner” is far beyond silly to me. I could unsub until the 20th but maybe I don’t want to. This could be a dealbreaker for some people who’s sub ends at just the right time though, I suppose.

3 Likes

Its different 2-3 weeks in then week 1.

It is a two fold issue. 1) LFR is being gated too much. 2) the attempt compromise does not help because by the time it is released on LFR people who cared would have likely spoiled themselves.

7 Likes

Someone just said the quest reward is Loamm Renown. 2.5k. So, one renown level.

1 Like

How is it different? Atleast this way your on the same toon instead of 3-4 different toons.

kinda disappointing but i understand i guess

This this this. If I really just want to know the story youtube is way easier than getting into even a normal. It’s pointless.

3 Likes

Because raiders dont wanna raid LFR+normal+heroic week 1 for tier. 1 or 2 difficulties is enough. You can wait, LFR is tourist mode after all in the end.

1 Like

There’s no shot you’re calling normal raiders elitists, right?

1 Like

Honestly doesn’t really matter to me, i usually kill the final boss week 1-2. I just find it weird a good portion of the player base are always behind cus of the release timing. Either way though the reward is w/e so not a big deal other than waiting for story.

Though the extra chance of tier on week 1 would have been nice its again w/e.

The wait is ridiculous, LFR gets treated like rubbish. Some of the most fun is watching lfr teams try end bosses because it’s a learning experience with a softer curve . Not when they’ve been farming other tiers for nearly months

9 Likes

I can think of a million games where you have to beat story/normal mode in order to unlock hard mode but I’m coming up short trying to think of a game where the reverse is true. There is absolutely no reason LFR should be time gated. Every explanation we’ve ever gotten has felt like pure marketing BS.

And if they’re really THAT worried about mythic raiders feeling forced to run LFR, just make it not drop tier until after the world first race is over, or something.

14 Likes