Campaign Quest Locked Behind Raiding

Besides all that didn’t they clear mythic literally the week it was out?

2 Likes

really,without doing a raid or are you talking about upgrades catalyst set ?

They all had 4 set tier bonus… They did other versions of the raids to get them. They don’t need LFR at all.

1 Like

Plus, I doubt they’d waste their time on lfr when they could easily clear the other difficulties.

2 Likes

I mean, its not like the campaign gives anything power related. If you really wanna know what happens, either kill da boss or look it up on yt / watch a streamer make grr angery faces at how this literally kills the lore.

Ok, I believe you.

It may be that you haven’t engaged in tweets with WoW content as much as others have.

The social media algorithms try to keep your attention on their platform as long as they can by using your likes, tweets, hashtags and other engagements. They show you other people/pages that also engage in said interests.

Like that would help them in the up coming raid ,due to the difficulty.

You are actively avoiding a significant portion of the end game experience. But you want the rewards immediately? Ok, lol.

I’m not talking about the old tier set bonus either. I am talking about this tier.

1 Like

Their that fast to up grade,yeah sure. That up grade hasn’t started yet.

Ok, just saying LFR would never be part of their gearing path.

2 Likes

Right, :rofl:ok

At what point did I, or anyone else complaining about the STORY being time-gated, say that we wanted rewards? No one is asking for Tier to be just dropped in their laps or to get gold cap because they killed an LFR raid boss.

No. We want to be able to view the story. Like everyone else.

11 Likes

Right. Makes zero sense. They’re not ‘delivering the content to all’, it’s being gated.

I guess I’ll go back to other games until next month when I can finish this campaign.

9 Likes

I don’t even do LFR and have minimal respect for it as a mode (mostly because of the people in it who intentionally are sucktards or trolls who opt to try and actively wipe the raid) and even I don’t see a good reason to timegate them anymore. In this highly connected day and age, it’s downright borderline impossible to shield yourself from spoilers even as is so there is no reason to timegate the story mode version of the raid so hard.

4 Likes

Please stop forcing LFR wings to open weeks and months behind the other tiers. I understand having certain things gated to higher difficulties but there is no reason why LFR is always lagging behind and can’t be completed for so long. Mythic has already been cleared by the world firsts. There is no good reason why LFR players can’t also complete the raid within the first few weeks of a patch. There is no power or cosmetic issues with doing LFR quickly like the other tiers, I will never understand why the wings are timegated so much.

And gating the campaign for what may be months if players do not want to organize or join a Normal tier raid is really bad. I get that the story is related but to my knowledge this has not been required before. Just show the raid cinematics when completing the quests to give context. Players who don’t want to be “spoiled” can wait to do the quest until they finish the raid.

10 Likes

This decision feels like the old leadership that got us SL is back in charge, with their spiteful attitude towards non raid loggers. This is seriously baffling.

This issue was actually resolved in SL where we had Bolvar just explain (show the cutscene) of why Andiun was suddenly next to us with a change of wardrobe. What exactly is so special about this raid that we have to do the whole raid? The quest is actually setup to do that because it replays Sark’s death video at the beginning of the quest. This suggests that the old leadership came in and changed it to be time gated.

Also the quest to kill Sark was not marked as MSQ quest, so this is clearly bait n switch. Bliz, can we please get rid of this leadership and get fresh leadership in who actually understands the majority of their players and not just raid loggers.

inb4 go do normal, yes, I already did that in first week, so this doesn’t impact me. But this is an absolutely obvious decision to pad out MAUs and to sell tokens (You want to see the story buy the tokens to get the carry). This is a serious low from blizzard ranking close to the bait n switch of flying in WoD.

9 Likes

Why are community council members, people who don’t even play the game?

1 Like

What makes you think I don’t play the game on a daily basis?

Is it because I don’t do progression? Is that your basis on ‘playing the game’?

11 Likes

Am I missing something here?