Campaign Quest "A Message Most Dire" bug

Upon watching the cut scene, npc is no longer in the turn in spot. Cant turn in. Abandoned quest hoping it would reset the npc and that did not work. Now i cant even accept the quest to re-do it because the npc quest giver does not exist in the game world.

16 Likes

I’m having the same issue

1 Like

Yeah its definitely a bug. I literally cant progress the main campaign because of it.

1 Like

Yea hopefully they fix it soon. i want to raid!

1 Like

Shes at tyrhold. if you want to add me in game i could show you exactly where

7 Likes

right outside halls of infusion dungeon

1 Like

IF you have it, abandon the quest that sends you to tyrhold!

20 Likes

I’m in the same boat the phone rang when the cut scene went on and no one to turn the quest into, I’ve abandoned it and logged back in now I can’t get the quest, I just want to finish so I can go PVP in DF but about to say duck it as I don’t normally care about a quest or campaign bs and you see why

Sooo I didn’t finish the campaign and was skipping around and completed that quest before I did this part of the campaign. And Alexestraza isn’t here. Wonder if I have to drop all of the quests I picked up in the area after doing To Tyrhold… sigh. Note this is on my 70 Evoker

1 Like

Aha so I figured I had to drop (or complete the quests after To Tyrhold https://www.wowhead.com/quest=70437/to-tyrhold#comments and then Alexstraza appeared where she was supposed to be

6 Likes

thanks! this worked.

" Aha so I figured I had to drop (or complete the quests after To Tyrhold https://www.wowhead.com/quest=70437/to-tyrhold#comments and then Alexstraza appeared where she was supposed to be"

this worked

1 Like

so i have the same issue, only the campaign quest marker is still in the seat of the aspects. I have unlocked the raid with the to tyrhold quest. but no other campaign quests have appeared.

I’m worried im missing a big chunk of the story.

Edit: I returned to the seat of power and Alexstraza is there as well and you can pick the quest back up.

1 Like

I finished the Tyrhold quest and the one in front of the raid which involves Alexstrassa, then went back to Seat of the aspects and could turn in the quest without having to drop any quests.

Same issue, submitted it to wow, they told me to submit a bug report…I’m like really

1 Like

Trying to get anything out of WoW support is completely pointless these days. Many have submitted tickets and have been waiting 60+ days for responses…

1 Like

Thanks for the info! You could also just give the coords :wink: She’s at 57.5 , 58.7

Also I can confirm this is the case. the To Tyrhold mini questline moves the Alexstraza NPC to the above coords, so you just need to go do those few quests and she’ll be back at the Seat of the Aspects afterward

2 Likes

You don’t want to do that. Do that quest, meet up with Alex, you still won’t be able to tun this in but do the followups she’ll fly back to the Seat of the
Aspects and you’ll be able to turn in “A Messge Most Dire”

First you have to complete the quest “Aspect Power” in Tyrhold. Kill a dragon. Then take the quest “Red Dawn” which tells you to find Alexstrasza. Go back to The Seat of the Aspects and she’s there, ready for you to accept “A Message Most Dire”

1 Like

I abandoned my quest and it didn’t fix it at all…