Campaign Failure forced my Canceled Sub

the arch druid has 52 health the bears are flanking us

In retail business the number is only 46% bother to complain, the others just leave. I am sure the percentage of people who actually just leave without complaining is higher in the gaming industry since there isnā€™t a number to call or a person to talk to.

In retail business the number is only 46% bother to complain, the others just leave. I am sure the percentage of people who actually just leave without complaining is higher in the gaming industry since there isnā€™t a number to call or a person to talk to.
[/quote]

imagine thinking 4 tank busters and near constant group damage is hard

This sounds like super BS to me, a normal dungeon takes less than 20 minutes to do and you quitā€¦ Its like you just want stuff handed to you, like an entitled solo player =/

ā€¦ Have you?

1 Like

im actually kinda curious of where the story progresses from here
i dont think in any of my saves i have killed the druids

Its troll/bot.

Wellā€¦. Byeā€¦.

I suspect the real reason for the low DF numbers was because of how bad SL was and by extension, BfA. Both BfA and SL were products of the horrible borrowed power mania that kicked off with legion. But in classic incompetent corporate fashion, blizz saw a spike in numbers during legion and mistakenly drew the conclusion that everything they did in legion was good. It wasnā€™t. Legion was good for class fantasy and absolute garbage for everything else.

See kids. This is why you cannot just use raw numbers for planning guidance. Take torghast for example. High participation because it was mandatory. Same with the Maw. But did anyone actually like playing torghast or the maw or even Korthia? Of course not.

4 Likes

I know this isnā€™t directed at me, but I donā€™t do instanced content I canā€™t solo, which means Iā€™m used to being 2-expansions behind when it comes to raids & dungeons.

However, since scaling, I still canā€™t solo certain instances in Legion, which have become even harder at level 60 in 10.0.1/5 than they were in 9.2.5.

Iā€™ve not even tried any BfA instances.

As for OPs stance, many people donā€™t enjoy, or even, in my case, gave up instanced group content back in Cata due to the toxicity and drama. I play WoW to escape from that because thereā€™s more than enough in every day RL I have to deal with, and for my own well being I choose not to do content I donā€™t enjoy because itā€™s a game.

Iā€™ve always managed to get through every expansion, and so far, every ā€œcampaign.ā€ Iā€™ve reached 70 on my main, and Iā€™ve yet to get stuck behind a dungeon. But after reading OPā€™s post Iā€™m sure that I will.

Iā€™ve not been racing through DF, mostly because once I got all the Dragonriding glyphs, I relaxed and decided to take my time.

Iā€™ve also been camping Sha with every 35+ toon I have.

Bottom line: Many players hate doing most group content in WoW, and it doesnā€™t matter why.

Main story ā€œCampaignā€ shouldnā€™t be gated behind anything outside of solo questing content. Not Pet Battles, Professions, World Events, PvP, Arena, BGs, Raids, or even dungeons.

3 Likes

It depends on the normal you get into. I was in one today that lasted 45 minutes because everyone was new and leveling toons. Our poor rogue got died, released, got lost and died again and the tank didnā€™t wait for him to reach the last boss before pulling. It was a hot mess.

I have no doubt that there are many in this community who would have raged, said inappropriate things, or bailed on this group, so I understand where OP is coming from. It doesnā€™t make him entitled to want to be able to have a fun gaming experience in a game that he paid a lot of money for.

2 Likes

Imagine having such extreme myopia to think players donā€™t want to do group content only because of, ā€œdifficulty.ā€

1 Like

This is all true but players that did come back for Dragonflight have already quit.

Torghast could have been a good thing if it was a gear progression system for players.

1 Like

I m sorry for your experience but sadly the game evolved and the way people play it also evolved,just look at how classic content is being handle.

I mean I get it, alot of the playerbase is terrible to interact with.

1 Like

hmm i am finding it helpful to flank the two on the left most side first afterwhich you can decide to either spitefully end the druids. let me me join the conversation. i kind of want to so that way we get healed up and get our spells replenished. especially if we are gonna be fighting the owlbear

for many people, Legion was their favorite expansion because of the borrowed power systems. and they were essentially the only reason i played BfA or SL at all. and the reason why DF is my least favorite expansion is because they removed the systems completely. i suspect iā€™m not alone in feeling that their removal makes this expansion feel empty and pointless, and has played a large part in why so many people have quit already.

see kids, this is why you shouldnā€™t only listen to m+/raiders when you design your MMO.

Well from what Iā€™ve seen, the pop has been steadily declining from end of legion onwards (sharp decline in SL). So it make perfect sense that by the end of DF, the pop will probs be under 500k. Speaking anecdotaly of course (as are we all). So the way I see it, most people just got burnt out with those very systems you liked and have perma-bailed.

As a non-mythic player, I quite like DF. It has its flaws to be sure. But itā€™s way more engaging than BfA or SL was. At least for the content I like.

1 Like

mehā€¦doubtful.

99.999% of the people who post here saying they cancelled their sub never do.

Its just a clever tactic to try and get the MMO you are playing to panic and force them to make the changes that you want in order for you to begin playing again.

I have seen maybe less than 10 of all these unsubbing posts where the people are actually gone after they say they are. And those who do really quit say how much they liked the game and wish they could still play but are unable to.

The fact that you made a post about unsubbing means that you still have some emotional attachment to the game and will still be here.

Most players who unsub simply do it. They dont tell the forums about it. I dont even have a single toon to max level in DF yet and have only played 1 single toon this entire expac and still havent unsubbed. You having that guy up to 70 proves that you actually do still want to be here.

Side note the usual ā€œhi, hello, sup, ty, ggsā€ is very common even all the way through m+ pugging. Hardly touched Dragonflight yet so I donā€™t know right now like right right now, besides stories of players just generally fumbling and struggling with the new talent system and a pre-nerf period where tank defensives were too high leading to more livable mass pulls, but in Shadowlands at least could even be pugging up to +20s in that overgeared period toward the end of the patch and thatā€™s still about the extent of the chat.

Like a lot of hold W routes can do one pack at a time surprisingly high m+ level and you make the timer just playing the game logically and decently focused in one half hour sitting. Tanks could be doing some goofy route or even go back for % after last boss without a specific route and nobody would really say anything (ā€œoh, %ā€ turns around/talks to npc). You just kind of adapt and roll with it.

A lot of it has to do with m+ being significantly more popular over time. Meaningā€¦ rather than just ā€œthe game is turning into go go go m+ā€, itā€™s more like, well thereā€™s such a massive variety doing m+ and dungeons that you run into plenty of chill players doing it tooā€¦