Calm the wolf announced

Not putting enough thought into like could easily expand on the whole side effects of lycanthropy thing and take an inspiration from human biology making it so they redevelop the tail which Humans usually lose during their development within the womb :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

Yuh I play Horde so I don’t care that much lol but from what I’ve seen Worgen players who want tails usually mention it as an option.

1 Like

Honestly something like that would more play out as comedic joke these days lol. I don’t think anything trying a serious story would try for that. At most they just won’t explain the how and why.

1 Like

If you want to put some gold on that I’ll gladly take it from you. These are the original concept art picture of Worgen which even made it into the Cata collectors edition book. So its a bit hard to say… Oh that didn’t happen. What didn’t happen was Blizzard ran out of time before Cata went live and they haphazardly slapped out a rushed model because 1 month before Cata went live we didn’t even have a Female Worgen model. 2 weeks before Cata went live we finally saw what would become the abomination that we were stuck with for 10 years because it was such a bad model it drove players away from wanting to play Worgen and so Blizzard figured it wasn’t worth the effort to change the model.

But remember most of us who want a tail for Worgen want it to be optional so we don’t force it on someone who don’t want it. If you want a monkey butt Worgen go for it! If you want a tailed Worgen. It should be an optional choice just like Calm the Wolf is going to be. I for one will never use it but for those who want it due to it being an optional choice its there and will make both sides happy!

1 Like

I assure you, it is.

Draenei/Eredar were a whole different can of worms though. Here’s a bit of information from the Warcraft RPG or what we’ll assume was the original idea. TL;DR demonic race/and or fel corrupted, their wacky appearances probably are a cause for this.

All demons, including the Eredar, were mortal once, but have been transformed into demons by corruption caused by fel energy. This change included a powerful command of arcane energy. It is said that Sargeras believed that the demons originally were not corrupt, and that it was the Titan’s ordering of the universe that was ultimately responsible for the demons corruption. In this scenario, it would imply that the titans considered the various natural races that pre-existed on worlds they visited to be demons, but were actually corrupted by the titans themselves. Sargeras later came back and freed many of them, bent on using them to destroy the Titan’s work. The eredar consumed all life around them and set out to find more places of mystical power. Until now, only the titans have ever challenged them. Each of the leaders, Archimonde, Kil’jaeden, built a hierarchy of demons, jealously protected from the will of the other. These groups strove for dominance of Azeroth and other worlds. But now, at long last, Archimonde is dead, killed by the forces of Azeroth. Individual eredar and a few hopeful heroes of the lesser races have decided that they are the best candidates to replace him. These prideful few have taken their first careful steps toward locating and eliminating the presumptuous competition that might seek to displace them. These creatures are of impressive size, far larger than any Human or Orc, with a bulky muscular body and a long tail. Long pointed ears sweep back from its bestial face and horns sprout from its wide brow.

I’m not even saying Blizzard can’t just stitch on a tail to Worgen, hell I’m pretty neutral about the idea. My feels about it really are just sort of “I wish the fantasy werewolf race I play could keep the horror trope and not devolve into uwu fursona catering.” I’d rather Blizzard give the female models better head or muzzle options to better match the males, and vice versa allow the male options a stand upright spine and the females a hunched option.

My point still stands though a Worgen (modern day) is still different than a Night Elf druid assuming Pack Form (feral semblance) of a Wolf. If anything it would be fine for a Worgen Druid to have a glyph to have Wolf form instead of Cat (just visually) because I can see beings who have made peace with their inner wolf properly being able to wield Goldrinn’s shape just fine.

Tails please.

This would be flawed since it was released after WCIII. Eradar, Kil’Jaeden and Archimond in particular, were among the original demons that corrupted Sargeras. (original lore) At the time draeni and eradar were not the same race and was like equating fel stalkers with arakkoa. The draeni you know today are not the original lore. Originally they were just a native race of Draenor and their natural look was that of what became the broken. This was all retconned in The Burning Crusade expansion and it was quite a mess that took a fair bit of time to clean up.

Which is why I use it. Compared to tails on an anthropamorphic wolf, the level of retconning (if it can even be called retconning), is very small.

1 Like

I think worgen’s having tails as an idea, is about as hated and listened to, as adding waluigi is to the playable character is for smash bros lol.

Oh we are listening. If they were, waluigi would be in smash bros by now. And worgens would have tail options by now in warcraft.

when will this be added