Calligraphy Quest: Impossible?

I raise you a full frontal slow slap.

1 Like

It took me four attempts.
And its optional (usually 4 or 5 other turtle Qs around for WQ).

Your name isn’t Adam by chance is it?

Cuz man Adam ruins everything. Paid the price too

1 Like

Nah. My name is Trouthammer, Divine Fishmonger of the Seventh Dimension.

2 Likes

How about this?

1 Like

Momma don’t play.

2 Likes

I can see I have to call in reinforcements.

Oh this poor thread. It has taken a turn. A turn for the better lol.

2 Likes

You’ve forced my hand.

1 Like

2 Likes

I screenshot each time I open one and print that out and hang beside my desk.

Once I’ve capped all of the shells and have the pictures all hung, I take a single picture of them collectively and run that through a piece of software I’ve developed that tells me the most efficient path of completion, click by click.

27-31 minutes later, voila.

8 Likes

Lol.

1 Like

Exactly as planned.

1 Like

While I love the Charlie Murphy and Geoffrey Face Slaps, this is why I use the term “slap in the face” sparing.

This nutty quest is indeed a slap in the face. I tried it again and failed quickly. I seem to be missing something.

Why people react so oddly to my expression of face slappery is indeed a mystery.

But the fact remains, the Calligraphy Quest seems impossible.

Record it. Can’t help if you give nothing to work with.

Seems to me a lot of people aren’t having any trouble with it, though.

BEFORE they hotfixed it, the triangle one took me about 2 tries.

The Circle one, which I found quite difficult, took me about 7 tries; It was noticing that it tapers more tightly, on one side, around the object it was encircling.

Trying to get a “top down” view, in 3rd person, is what helped the most for me. However, I could not do that and see the whole circle so I had to go out at an angle a bit.

There, just did the circle one. Took me 4 tries. It tapered more towards one side, of the circular green thing the turtle is standing on ( this was the one at vigil hill.)
I did not notice it being “easier” at ALL, after the hotfix; Seems the same to me.

So calligraphy is still faster for me than the other Turtle quests, I just fail more.

I’ve had that happen with the fiery rings you fly through in a Darkmoon Faire quest.

Some days, to get through them safely, I have to fly to the left or right of them. It’s like having to allow for wind blowing an arrow off course. If you can work out the offset and allow for it everything’s fine.

The same thing made WoD jumping quests really annoying when I had to walk along in mid air for the game to believe I was on the rope beside me.

I think they are bugged in some way. The circle one I did on my rogue, no matter how perfect I was, I would still fail. When, just out of a whim, I decided to sprint. Not only did I make sharp turns because of my camera and end up looking like Pacman… But I completed it because I reached the starting point before it dissipated

I agree… EXCEPT for the circle. Screw the circle.

Eh, even that one isn’t terribly bad, but I’m not the best person to talk about that, as I’ve spent a lot of years developing that kind of dexterity as an artist. It’s pretty easy for me to visualize round shapes and execute them smoothly with a mouse or tablet.

1 Like

The pattern disappears because it’s a memory game. Don’t stop just because the pattern disappears!