Calligraphy Quest: Impossible?

What gives with the new tortellini seeker quest Calligraphy?

Is it bugged?

I have tried this quest a dozen plus times, on two different days with two different quest givers.

Not only have I never finished it-I fail almost immediately.

This is similar to the old Kirin Tor quest last expansion (which I hated) where you trace out the pattern. But as soon as I take a step I fail. It doesn’t matter if it is a circle or triangle. The pattern lights up, I take a step tracing it and I fail.

These new quests are horrible.

But this particular quest is a slap in the face and is clearly and certainly buggy!

What is going on here, Blizz?

8 Likes

I’ve had no problems with it. They’re simple geometric shapes. Just memorize it like we had to with the Kirin Tor puzzle box WQ, and then use your strafe keys to make sure the angles are correct.

Please stop demanding changes to the game just because you’re not very good at playing it.

22 Likes

This is the best thing you’ve ever said

32 Likes

No it’s not bugged. I have completed the one for today on 3 characters so far.

After the hotfix 2 days ago it seems waay easier to me.

Oh heck yea buddy, your signature forum move. This pleases me.

5 Likes

You are my hero. You know that?

Also I got my slap in the face fix for Sunday. Feels good man.

2 Likes

1 Like

I actually did not demand a change. I honestly thought it was bugged.

I start walking the “simple geometric shape” and yes I stay right on track following it. And boom. I fail. Just like that. Every single time.

I do not understand how you can be right on the circle and fail immediately when you are tracing out the circle exactly and just take one step.

I was not asking for a nerf (yet) just trying to understand what is going on with this goofy new quest.

6 Likes

It took me 4 hours to do the caligrophy wq until i gave up. And the other cycle of life one is just as hard. ridiculous sorrry im not a mythic raider

6 Likes

For cycle of life just stand there, wait till the turtles hit you.

You will die a bunch of times but you just restart the quest and you still get credit for the prior kills.

That is the easiest way. Moving the stupid crap is very hard and confusing and if you move around to much you die without killing any turtles.

Just stand there, die, repeat, stand there.

And thanks, I see I am not the only one struggling with the crazy calligraphy quest.

3 Likes

That seems… odd. Don’t suppose you can video it? I can’t exactly watch what you’re doing otherwise.

From what I know of WoW’s quest structure and similar quests created in the past, this one likely operates off of two functions – the percentage meter (invisible in this case), and the space-filled counter a la rune practice Court of Farondis WQ.

Basically, if you walk enough of the shape adequately, the invisible bar fills, and you complete the quest.

If you have them off, I suggest turning on character shadows. If you’re using a low-end machine, it can be difficult to track your character’s actual position due to lack of depth perception, and having shadows on can help with that.

It’s not my thing but, if you’re into that, good for you. Different strokes for different folks.

Being a Mythic raider has nothing to do with it. I am not a Mythic raider, or a raider at all, and completed them just fine.

2 Likes

I spent 6 hours doing mine. It’s so ridiculous that Blizzard would create such a hard world quest for what is supposed to be casual content.

3 Likes

He’s joking :sweat_smile:

1 Like

They hotfixed it the other day to give players more freedom in their artistic expression of… basic shapes.

5 Likes

Oh ok! I was becoming alarmed.

1 Like

I personally find the collector’s quest the hardest. Always takes me like 20min to complete.

2 Likes

There is an addon that helps with that if you are so inclined.

World Quests List, make sure Shell Helper is enabled.

edit: As an aside to people having trouble, have you tried it mounted (or dismounted if you are failing mounted)?

I guess he couldn’t get past-a the objective.

8 Likes