Calligraphy Quest: Impossible?

yea, and I did it in one try

the problem isn’t the quest

1 Like

I gigglesnorted.

1 Like

I typically handle that one systematically, going left to right row by row, until I’ve seen an object twice, and then matching that object.

If you’re having trouble remembering, I suggest some scratch paper.

C - Crab
Cr - Crystal
B - Bot
A - Angel
T - Turtle
Bl - Blood
O - Orb
J - Jawbone

1 Like

I tried to run the circle 3 times and failed each time, so I gave up. As I was leaving I realized I might have been tracing it in the wrong direction - I was going counter-clockwise. Maybe you are supposed to do it clockwise? Haven’t tried that yet, but may give it another shot. But I dislike tracing stuff on the floor even more than I dislike shooting birds and crabs so I’ll probably just avoid it.

As far as the one where you are on the side of the crabs instead of the turtles - I actually like it the best of the 3 Nola ones (which isn’t saying a lot, I avoid the Nola quests as much as possible).

I haven’t tried it since the hotfix like…yesterday? To make it more forgiving. But I was actually surprised at how weirdly strict the “pass” requirement was, especially since a couple of times I “won” were less accurate than times I lost.

I just draw the shells on a piece of paper and then write what’s inside each shell. This is the best method imho.

1 Like

The bug described in the OP sounds eerily similar to an issue one of my guildmates had back in WoD on High Imperator. For some reason, no matter what she did the server’s idea of her position in the room was always desynced to some degree with where she actually was. Because of this, she would set off arcane traps even though she had long been gone from their spawn point (and everyone in our raid could verify it). We never tracked down the cause.

No, it’s really not. It’s merely somewhat challenging. Step over here, and I’ll show you the difference.

(adjusts heavy steel-plate gauntlets)

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s Sunday & this is a Rastlin thread.

There will be slapping and you came for the partay.

1 Like

There wasn’t any slapping in his other thread so I thought I was safe.

You’re never safe when entering a Rastlin thread.

:rainbow:

4 Hours?

It took me 10 seconds. Ten. Seconds.

Take the caligraphy world quest while mounted, then trace the literal path of the circle, square, triangle, whatever. It has to be traced perfectly and it’s not hard.

Sounds like you need to pay more attention then? I’ve completed it on three characters today, none of them taking over 5 attempts.

Edit: I should have known. Never post before looking to make sure it isn’t a rastlin thread on a sunday.

1 Like

I had the same problem as Rastlin the first time I tried it. Fallhaven, making a square - I’d take one or two steps and Nola would immediately start with her “That’s not how you do it!” nonsense. I eventually gave up on that one.

I came across the triangle version in Dazar’alor, a few days later, and failed multiple times after returning to the starting point, and it showed my path overlaying the “correct” path, and several attempts were so barely off it was silly. I did finally succeed at that one, though.

Just went out to do one to check and see if my first attempt was a fluke

nope. completed it in 10 seconds.

my experience (in this case, an underwhelming sample size of 2 calligraphy quests) indicates that there’s no problem with this quest.

3 Likes

I have now done it on all 6 of my characters today… no issue on any of them. I mean Rastlin in particular could be bugged, but it’s either unlikely or he needs to post in bug reports.

1 Like

I have had no problem myself. I also saw that they even made it easier too. Good luck!

I want tortellini and red sauce

1 Like

I raise you a sloo slap

1 Like