Calia and Tess are Mirrors

It hasnt been that for fifteen years. Anyone still holding out for that still are going to be waiting forever.

3 Likes

I’d like to the point out the entire worgen story is about trying to retain their humanity while using the curse to the best of their advantage. So, yeah, I think Tess is suppose to represent a world the worgen would inevitably want. One where they can live their lives and not need the curse anymore.

1 Like

And that’s a problem.

5 Likes

That seems to be more of an issue of people perceiving the race and the race’s story to be what it’s not.

So worgen players shouldn’t get worgen content and should stop asking for it.

Stop complaining about Calia than. She’s an undead leading the undead

2 Likes

I have no issue with Calia and never stated as much. There isnt any issue with her being on the Desolate Council.

I never said no worgen story, but people have to realize that the worgen story is the Gilneans story. It has been since they were added.

And yet whenever we ask for more WORGEN to be present and visible in the story your the first person to post about why having the WORGEN be visible is actually bad and no good

You say it every single time someone mentions wanting more worgen content.

1 Like

I never said anything about no worgen being present. My only opposition to your guys’ statements is about Tess becoming worgen.

Worgen can be present, we even agreed we both would like to see more.

1 Like

Tess being human is fine. She can represent the non cursed gilneans. We have Tobias, Darius, Ivar, Celestine, and others who can be built up to represent the worgen.

Which is what I keep saying that keeps getting shot down because people aren’t taking the time to actually read or understand what I write

2 Likes

You are one of several commenting about the topic, in between people arguing about Tess specifically. We had an understanding then you replied to me again.

Yeah, that’s how discussions work. I was merely clarifying what I want when I say I want more worgen content, so we don’t have this misunderstanding again.

2 Likes

Or maybe it’s a case of Blizzard not knowing 1) what players want, and 2) what to do with the Worgen.

This is the same company that had Gilneas in a constant nebulous state for 13 years. First it was blighted and uninhabitable. Then it was under the control of a black dragon. Then it was in the Alliance’s control. Then it was in the Forsaken’s control. Then we didn’t know who controlled it but Worgen still didn’t have it. Then it was abandoned and nobody is there and Worgen aren’t trying to get it back for some reason. Then the Scarlet Crusade had it.

Maybe Blizzard’s writing isn’t what you’re perceiving it as? That is to say, consistent or good.

Also, I just really don’t think you get the Worgen racial fantasy and are just towing the line of established lore. Like Orc fans want to have the racial fantasy of being noble barbarians, Worgen fans want the racial fantasy of being Gilneans that are werewolves. The Worgen curse fundamentally alters who they are at a spiritual level. The Gilneans as a people were so irrevocably changed by the curse that they have a greeting in which they say “The beast in the shadows may be your salvation”. People want that. People want the Gilneans embracing the curse for good and for ill.

You just saying “well the players are wrong” is missing the point. The Worgen fans who want this fantasy are mad about it, that’s why they’re voicing discontent. They want the leadership of their race to reflect a racial fantasy that they signed up to.

Ask yourself this question and be honest with yourself if not with everyone else: If Tess did happen to be a Worgen, how many people do you think would be mad that she was a Worgen rather than a human? Do you think you’d see the same or more comments incensed about her not being a human or do you think people would not really care?

9 Likes

Well Gee Zitga, I wonder why a large portion of the people who decided to play a “worgen” would want the “worgen” storyline to focus on the “worgen”.

Sure, let’s blame the players, I guess, not this dog-crap writing.

Then they should’ve called the race “Gilneans”.

This is squarely the fault of Blizzard’s narrative team. They are woefully out of touch with the worgen player base.

Sure, let’s give the worgen a second-place trophy in their own story, overshadowed by a group of people they CANT PLAY AS (uncursed Gilneans). Let’s make the worgens the human Gilneans pets while you’re at it. Sidekicks at best.

Yeah, I can’t imagine why worgen players hate this treatment.

I don’t know why this is so hard for some of you people to understand.

4 Likes

The worgen have been portrayed the same for almost 15 years. It is not and never was gonna change.

That changes nothing about what I said. At all.

If your only point is, “Blizzard will continue making the same mistake forever” then…sure? That doesn’t affect whether it’s a good or bad decision.

6 Likes

Statements like this just prove you’ll never get it

5 Likes

Blizzard absolutely does change the presentation of races. They had Night Elves decide to let arcane magic back into the fold. They turned the Zandalari from villains to allies. They retconned orc society in WoD. They also completely retconned Forsaken society in Before the Storm after about 15 years of play, so time doesn’t prove anything.

10 Likes

Zandalari started as allies. They were villains shortly because Blizzard coudln’t stop abusing trolls in general. Bfa just made right were MOP went wrong.

Easily one of the most asinine and unhinged things I’ve ever read. People have made numerous arguments against Tess outside of being a woman, literally just make her a worgen and 99% of complaints would clear up.

1 Like

Tess is still from Gilneas and not all Gilneans are Worgen now. It is a cultural thing not a race thing.