Calia and Tess are Mirrors

You can make that argument but at the end of the day people wanted worgens to be the werewolf race not the british human race. And having a non-worgen rule them sucks lmao. It’s made even worse by the fact that we can’t play as non-worgen gilneans.

Just the same way having Caelia who’s a “undead” with none of the downsides of being an undead who doesn’t share the undead player model sucks.

2 Likes

Tess shares all culture traits from the Gilneas nation and also has experience working with Worgen. Calia was forced on the Forsaken and she looks like a normal human light based priest without any other credits from her supposed people including being hated just for looking ugly and once part of the scourge. None of her friends ever hated Calia or tried to kill her for the actions of Arthas. Major difference here.

The actual lore justifications are irrelevant because the main issue is both of these charactets look nothing like the race they’re leading. Worgens were sold as werewolves, that’s why people wanted to play them, no one was hyped about british accented humans, that’s the ultimate issue. Having a non-worgen lead the worgen fails it’s race fantasy severely, made even worse by the fact that in about 80 or 90 in universe years they’ll be extinct and back to being boring british humans.

Forsaken were hunted by all living humans not just the scarlets simply because they thought they are still scourge. Calia was never shunned by her close friends and has known nothing but acceptance from Derek, Jaina and Anduin. NO one tried to kill her. No one tried to hate on her. Voss invited her to the leadership position with a hand kiss. And now she is our main questgiver as the Gilneas reclaiming shows. A literal non Forsaken as our leader is the only reason Genn stopped attacking the Horde. That speaks volumes about the way Blizzard sees the plot.

1 Like

Yes and Tess has not suffered from ANY of the hardships the rest of her people have, very similar problems. Both characters fail to deliver on the race fantasy.

2 Likes

I mean…she was in exile with the rest of her people all the same, no? Her brother was killed by the Forsaken, and most of the people she knew were turned into Worgen (which outside of the Cata intro doesn’t matter and it’s a “cursed with cool” thing but still).

I share the sentiment expressed earlier in the thread that it’d cut the crust off of the #@% sandwich that is the narrative a little bit if Tess would be queen but the other named WORGEN characters got to do more worgen stuff and be seen a bit more.

I think the closest would be the Dracthyr. Scalecommander Emberthal seems to be the defacto leader of the Dracthyr as a whole following the events of Aberrus. However the alliance and horde dracthyr (i.e the playable ones) are led by Azurathel and Cindrethresh respectively.

From the evoker legendary questline, The main three Scalecommanders that Neltharion made were Emberthal, Sarkareth and Viridia.

C’mon, Calia is not worse than Tess, they’re both equally bad just in slightly different ways. This isn’t reasonable.

1 Like

I believe Jhaella’s claiming Tess is worse that Calia.

Tess isn’t bad though. She just needs more screen time and more filling out as a character

Calia is the worst literally Impossible to top.

They also mirror each other in the fact that they need to be killed off with utmost brutality.

1 Like

Oop, yeah that’s what I meant lol, Tess is definitely not worse than Calia!

It is impossible to be worse then Calia. At least Tess is realted to Genn even if she isn’t a Worgen.