Calia and Tess are Mirrors

I never said they shouldn’t get more. I’m just saying we will have more worgen content. What that ends up being we all have to wait and see.

1 Like

That’s true I suppose. We’ll see what blizz does with Genn going forward. Hopefully he retains some of that I’m a old man in a changing world attitude he’s had for a long time now.

1 Like

She gets a pass for having literally created the Forsaken yes

Gonna have to disagree here, Calia is significantly more problematic than Tess for a whole bunch of reasons. Even disregarding her nature as a pristine Light zombie who remained dead for maybe 15 minutes, she’s a fundamentally anti-Forsaken character. Her design and color palette, her personality, her social circle, what she represents (being basically a callback to the old kingdom of Lordaeron, when the Forsaken were precisely supposed to be a post-collapse society) make her a very strong contender for the Fantasy Betrayal Awards. Hell, her meta-function was basically to serve as a polar opposite of Sylvanas. Adding to all of this is the fact that she came out of nowhere (i.e. from Golden’s worst book) and was immediately entrusted with a ruling position for no reason, while Tess got some reasonable build up.

There’s no solution to the Calia problem. Tess though ? At the end of the day, all she needs is a bite. And some screentime. Here’s to hoping she gets both

6 Likes

God I hope they don’t kill Genn off

7 Likes

Me either. Love the character or hate him, he doesn make things interesting when he’s involved in the story

6 Likes

The name of the race is undead.
She’s undead.

Like, come on Zerde don’t insult my intelligence like this. You’re not stupid.

3 Likes

Then Tess should get a pass because she is the daughter of the king. She is the rightful ruler of the nation that the playable worgen live in and who lorewise the playable worgen swears loyalty to.

And yet she isn’t an undead like the playable faction. She is a high elven undead. Please use the fact that Tess has to somehow be like the playable race/be an actual worgen when Sylvanas was not like the playable undead.
Or do people get to pick and choose which difference are ok and which are not?

And again, as I mention there are other faction leaders that are not of their race like Moira not being a dark iron.

And as others rightfully pointed out, those are also problematic for their own reasons. We been over this a million times it feels like.

2 Likes

And I have said before, while some people may have issue with it, Blizzard did it because they make “sense”/are interesting. That our faction leaders do not have to 100% representations of the playable character.

We’re not talking about in-universe legitimacy Zerde we’re talking about the relationship between a playerbase and the character that spearheads the racial narratives said playerbase is invested in

Sylvanas created the Forsaken nation in WC3 and had been the front (and arguably only) figure of the Forsaken for nearly 20 years, she’s always been integral to the Forsaken fantasy, her being an elf is ??? Well nobody cares

2 Likes

And Tess as the last surviving heir was always going to lead Gilneas. She was always going to be its future, worgen or not. and now she has chosen not.

The worgen playerbase just has to accept that they are Gilneans first. That that is the story Blizzard has created for them.

You are being willfully ignorant to the point of being insulting.

What many, many people are trying to say is that they can’t relate to Calia and Tess as leaders of their races. There are a multitude of reasons for this plainly spelled out in the OP.

One of the many, many reasons is that they don’t seem to share the same core experiences that define their respective races. In Tess’s case, she is leading a race called “worgen”, played by people who like “worgen”, without being a “worgen”. Sure, but she’s Gilnean you’ll say. That’s simply not ENOUGH for many worgen players.

In Calia’s case, one of the many, many reasons is that she doesn’t share in their curse. She doesn’t look like a dead person (I would argue even Sylvanas was too “pretty”), and she doesn’t have to face the physical and psychological effects of undeath.

None of this is complicated Zerde. All you’ve done is muddy the waters, play dumb, move goalposts when it’s convenient for you, and pretend like you can’t even understand why this upsets a lot of people.

No one is buying it. Get over yourself.

9 Likes

Ok but you are dodging my point entirely tho

7 Likes

I’m so tired of it. It’s so obvious and I refuse to believe he’s this delusional.

6 Likes

That you don’t understand why this is a problem isn’t really surprising. It’s been explained why races like the WORGEN need a worgen leading them if blizz is going to keep doing the The leader represents the entire race they been doing for a long time now.

6 Likes

But they have not being doing this for a while. Not fully anyway. Again, people like Gelbin are pulling double duty as gnome/mechagnome leader. Even though aside from a pacemaker Gelbin is as gnome as he can ever be. Moira, despite her claim doesn’t really share too much with the Dark Iron, even if she says she is dark iron in spirit.

And even saying they “represent the entire race” is more of a broad “Stormwind humans are tenacious, Gilneans have a rage inside them” strokes.

You know what, I’m done. You don’t get it, you’re never going to get it and I’m tired of explaining it to a brick wall.

5 Likes

Maybe if one of the zones in Midnight is Gilneas then Tess can get the upgrade.

Could make it a big rallying moment for them.

3 Likes

Well now they know how we Tauren have been feeling ever since Baine became a double-agent in MoP

6 Likes

Tess is not the worgen racial leader. She is the queen of Gilneas.

Genn is the worgen racial leader and the race’s representation in lore going forward.

The Worgen have two leaders, like Malf and Tyrande in a sense. Tess is the in-universe political leader and Genn is the meta worgen representation.