But I don’t want to go night fae

Really when we fight him in ICC he freezes the paladin with Howling Blast, he uses Remorseless Winter. He does use shadow diseases and he uses shadow to res people. And during Remorseless Winter the blue Frost orbs that is shot at people that will knock them off the ledge . Again frost abilities although we do not have acess to that one. And our remorseless winter isnt as strong as his neither is our howling blast but you do not expect them to be.

When we fight him in the dungeon with Sylvanas and we escape he uses mostly frost abilities.

Sounds like a frost dk to me.

1 Like

To be fair, abilities and spells from every school were available to a class when Arthas was first fought.

However, one could put an emphasis in one school, and Arthas did enjoy using Frost spells the most. Remember his advance in the Halls of Reflection?

1 Like

Most of his abilities are shadow or physical in both WoW and Warcraft 3.

So, when you fight Arthas inside Frostmourne to get the Frost DK Artifact, Blades of The Fallen Prince, he doesn’t use most frost attacks?
I agree that in WC3 he was Unholy, but not in wow. Not even in HoTS. There he is full frost, no doubts.

1 Like

You mean remorseless winter and creating some walls while sending waves of undead at you? And the shadow damage you took if you were behind him that would just outright kill you when it was current?

In ICC his entire first phase was unholy abilities. Summon Dredge Ghouls, Summon Shambling Horror, Necrotic Plague, Infest, Summon Shadow Trap.

Phase 1.5/2.5 has 2 frost spells, Remorseless Winter, Summon Ice Sphere. Also had Pain and Suffering and Raging Spirit which weren’t frost spells.

Phase 2, Unholy again with Soul Reaper, Defile, Summon Val’Kyrgyz

Phase 3 has more unholy spells.

Phase 4 is Fury of Frostmourne… an unholy spell where it deals 1,000,000 Shadow Damage to all players, they can’t release or resurrect. Raise Dead raises the dead back to life to serve as undead slaves to the Lich King.

So in the ICC fight he overwhelmingly used unholy spells. In Halls of Reflection he was toying with players by sending waves of undead to overwhelm the group and attempt to slow down jaina from breaking the barriers.

Funny what a little confirmation bias will do.

1 Like

Funny, I never bothered to look at the damage type, it appeared as a blizzard to me, and the walls were of ice.

But as I said, back when Arthas was first fought, Death Knights were using Unholy, Frost, and Blood abilities all over the place, even if all your Talent points were in a single tree.

In wow in ICC and in the Dungeon he is using frost attacks. He uses Howling Blast and Remorseless Winter. The fights with him I saw he uses mostly frost attacks but Shadow Diseases.

He uses remorseless too, it’s just he has shadow damage behind him as well. 2 frost spells and the other 2 unholy.

Never used Howling Blast in the icc fight, or the dungeon. 2 abilities were frost in the ICC fight, and the rest was unholy, one frost RP ability closer to hungering cold, and that’s really it.

Go look at the list of his abilities in either fight. It’s overwhelmingly unholy based.

1 Like

Not sure why everyone is arguing about it.
Frost DK is every bit of a Death knight as unholy.
Looking for reasons to divide from each other instead of just accepting things.

1 Like

Well this thread has gone way off topic lol

Dude, Venthyr are strong for blood too

I like the idea of Ardenweald. It is life and death, and while DKs are certainly the death end, we do aim to defend life.
I think Ardenweald gives you the best all around perks.
Venthyr gives you really, really good stuff for Blood DK and UHDK.

So Valkyrie, Defile, endless mini ghouls, bigger ghouls, and shadow tendrils are all “Frost DK” spells? The only frost spells he uses are Remorseless Winter and Howling Blast. That’s 5-2, meaning he’s an Unholy DK.

Congratulations, you derailed a thread just to play yourself.

Fae is solid but Venthyr will likely win out every time. If not, then halfway through the expansion when Strength starts to fall off for secondaries, the extra damage from Venthyr coupled with the free RP (15/sec if you’re hitting 5 targets) will speed the class up and keep it more fluid than some extra strength.

Psst, he doesn’t use Howling Blast… at all. More along the lines of Hungering Cold to freeze Tirion.

The covenants are a mess, big time. Some preparing 4 of the same toon in an attempt to get around this system. If Blizzards plan does come through where you would want this covenant signature ability for this fight, and then this other one for the next, expect to see guilds toon swapping a lot.

Kyrian is looking to be probably the worst overall for dk. Both signature and class abilities just look awful. If I were to put them in order, Venthyr, Night Fae, Necrolords, Kyrian.

So many issues with the system. We know venthyr get instant teleport from soulbinds, talk about taking an already really good and just making it better, for everyone.

You can attack me all you want. I just stated my opinion people did not have to argue that point.

Now about the covenant as someone stated above they are a mess of garbage. Blizzard needs to fully think these things through before trying to implement them. Some covenant will almost be DoA just like some talents in every class.

It has been suggested that they should be cosmetic and we should be able to switch out their abilities. Ion and the wow devs are digging in their heels resisting this saying they want the covenants to what they are supposed to be. But there are examples of blizz doing this and it backfireing and then they begrudgingly make the changes as if saying fine we made the changes that you wanted in the first place.

This will probably be another example of the devs wanting the game to be played how they see it like the old “you are not supposed to be playing Demonology Warlocks”. And how he recently said “an Enhancement Shaman running up to someone getting massive windfury crits past vanilla was playing the class wrong.”

They want us to play the game their way and get upset when we want to play it differently.

hold off on going any covenant. not like theyre not going to be nerfed within the first few weeks anyways

1 Like

Welp, somehow I managed to luck into the beta, so I’ll get a chance to try this all out. So far I’m not impressed with shackle the unworthy, either the ability or its spell effect.

And you were found to be unequivocally wrong.
There are NPCs who represent classes without specifically limiting themselves to a spec. In the case of Arthas / The Lich King, was not limited to being a Frost Death Knight.

Opinion does not equal fact.

Players used to be able to do that, too, back in Arthas’ day. It was locked off with the Mists, though, and got even worse with Legion.