But I don’t want to go night fae

I am pretty disappointed at how strong the night fae looks for DK—especially blood—in these covenant previews. Death’s Due looks really strong for m+ and the movement ability fills the biggest current hole in the DK toolkit. I hate the dumb wooden plate transmog and the fairy wings, but right now I don’t know how I can pass up nightfae.

6 Likes

I really want that Maldraxxus plate set but man, Venthyr just looks way to good to pass up with the blink and the aoe dodge shield so I feel you. Wish they’d stuck to something like the overarching covenant ability is a mobility spell and then the class one is a defensive or offensive spell. That way classes with fewer mobility options wouldn’t feel pigeonholed into something that covers that deficiency.

6 Likes
  • (Replaces Death and Decay)

• Corrupts the targeted ground, causing Shadow damage over a duration of time to targets within the area.

• Affected enemies deal reduced damage to you (up to a maximum amount) and their power is transferred to you as an equal amount of Strength.

• While you remain within the area, your Necrotic Strike and Heart Strike will hit additional targets. Scourge Strike and Clawing Shadows will hit all enemies near the target.
    so no extra help for frost DKs only blood and unholy

2 Likes

I don’t know, it seems like increased strength from the dnd is petty good for frost too and would have synergy with pillar.

Edit: need to see final numbers on the vampire darkness ability, because death’s due gives straight up reduced incoming damage rather than just increased dodge chance, also gives strength (which is parry), AND dnd has a lot of uptime. If the dodge shield is on a 2 minute CD or something like that, I don’t see how it’s competitive.

Pulled the description from Wowhead for you so you can take a look.

[Swarming Mist] : A heavy mist surrounds you for 8 sec, increasing your chance to Dodge by 10%. Deals (20% of Attack Power) Shadow damage every 1 sec to enemies within 10 yds. Every time it deals damage you gain 3 Runic Power, up to a maximum amount of 15 Runic Power.
1 Rune cost, Instant cast, 1 min cooldown.

This seems like it would have good synergy for big aoe pulls with bonestorm and would help with the problem of bonestorm draining all your rp. 1 min CD also pretty nice. Well, here’s to hoping we get in the beta to play around with these.

Yeah, looks pretty decent for blood. Plus the RP might be a nice addition for Frost if you’re BoS. There seem to be a few soulbind interactions that modify it as well, I think one of them adds a Vers proc every time you hit ability.

You mean the only two real DK specs?

Agreed, but what would be in character? The only thing I can really think of for Necrolords is a form of Wraith Walk (though that would be cool). Maybe if it allowed one to fly and be untargetable or auto-evade (with an easily interrupted cast time) at that same time?

For Kyrian, I was thinking angelic wings that act similar to a Warrior’s Leap.

I posted an idea on this on General, but it was quickly buried after minimal response.

I thought this didn’t work in instances, did i mishear that? And if that is the case it seems like that kinda makes it’s utility significantly more limited.

I haven’t been paying super close attention to the alpha so if the first ability is limited to the over world that does help with the concern that the two movement abilities are near mandatory for DKs. I’m just pulling the info from the big covenant reveals they posted today.

I saw Preach and his gang using the Venthyr blink/portal during a dungeon preview so I think they work in instances, might have been changed though?

No, i just got a few minutes to doublecheck myself and i think i misunderstood. Sorry, your problem is back to full strength lol

For Necrolords, since Aboms seem to be a big thing with them, maybe you turn into one and charge a set distance? There might be something similar though for another class, can’t remember.

I really wish that when you go through a covenent and unlock the armor and it upgrades, but all the other stuff isn’t so great. It unlocks account wide so you use a toon you don’t like to do the deed.

So you use the toon that’s your main and when you go to the cov you want and unlock thier armor and MOG the Cov armor from the other so you can look cool

That might work, but considering the raw mobility of Stealth + Blink or just the movement of the Venthyr Mirrors, I was trying to think of something that would provide something similar, but still be relatively unique.

The way I look at the transmog is it doesn’t really matter anyway since it isn’t unique as everyone has it.

Well Arthas was a frost dk. Most of his attack abilities was frost. And you know Frostmorne.

1 Like

Ah perfect a topic about Death’s Due. Do we know if it interacts with Defile at all or is it specifically a replacement for Death and Decay?

Just curious.

Arthas was not a frost DK. Most of his abilities are not in the frost school.