Burning of Teldrassil is Narrative Poison

tbf Bolvar became active again during Legion and the Deathlord’s source of legitimacy as leader of the order was because they were Bolvar’s right hand and personal champion. It’s hard to say if no one knew after player DKs spent 3 years murdering people and sacking class halls in Bolvar’s name and on his orders.

The reason I doubt this is because back in BfA they honestly seemed to underestimate just how upset Teldrassil would make people. It went completely unmentioned for all of the launch patch, and Darkshore felt scrambled together.

4 Likes

I don’t think that is necessarily a contradiction of Pellex’s point, though it is a tension. I believe we already know the specifics of the way Darn and UC would be lost were finalized very late and not everyone was on board.

Under this hypothesis, the people pushing it knew it would be a useful source of drama for the engagement without needing to continually create new incentives in the future, but they weren’t expecting quite that level of negative response. It’s like turning on your stove because you need to sear something and getting your kitchen burned down. That meets what you were looking for at one level, but far more than you were expecting or is useful.

4 Likes

FOR THE HORSE!!!

(Seriously the post made me want to scream it).

5 Likes

She who stalks the oat fields, the bringer of innocence lost, the nightmare who dreams of free range racing….

All must bow before the the Queen of Neighs, her Majesty Old Blanchy!

(Amazing how much fun you can have with a single typo :rofl:)

5 Likes

I think that’s probably an artefact of the behind-the-scenes turmoil, personally. (See threads here and here if you haven’t read about it.)

And Twinkletorch’s stove analogy is a good one. But even if it’s not the reason they originally went along with burning Teldrassil, it might be the reason why they’re keeping its memory alive in the playerbase.

1 Like

Not for nothing, but the journal that outlines everything that went down at the Sludge Fields was written by a guy named Clerk Horrace Whitesteed, who should’ve been six years dead by the time of writing. For Cata Hillsbrad to happen, Vanilla Hillsbrad where High Executor Darthalia’s agents kill all those farmers the first time gets crossed out. They still annihilated Dun Garok somehow, I guess people took Darthalia up on personal bounty offers but nobody capable saw the wanted poster ten feet away.

All this for Stillwater, the guy the Forsaken voluntarily exorcised from their culture in Cata, to come back for unrelated reasons two expansions in a row, framed as their ally at least once. I guess Blizzard must be really proud of the hulked out mad scientist model they made for Putricide in 2009.

If we’re real, it’s always been murky with Sylvanas and Nathanos both summoning skeleton minion packs in Vanilla. RPG books at the time even said she did it with a rod from Kel’Thuzad.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Show me that you didn’t read my entire post without telling me that you didn’t read my entire post.

8 Likes

yeah, nah.
the alliance gets shown victories. like undoing quite literally the Horde’s entire war campaign and killing the king they’re treating with. Then Jaina Proudmoore solos them as the Alliance escapes scott free.

but you know, that and the cutscene don’t count
cause
idk
reasons

3 Likes

Dedmar sewed body bags for Deathguards slain in battle, the blanket was supposed to keep herself warm so she could have still enough hands to keep doing that.

I’ve gone on before about how nauseating the whole support murloc sentiment is, especially played straight as cute and wholesome, so here I’ll only add that gushing over a cute slave is more of a “loud moment of random zany quirkiness” than a “quiet moment of humanity.” Marla’s Last Wish is more along the lines of the latter, even Nathanos with his hounds is.

1 Like

This guy has spent like 4 years slowly going from teldrassil was not a big deal and people need to stop being bent about it, its over, nothing wrong, move along but oh poor poor “insert whatever he cares about”.

Any development good or ill counts as an over correction to what he deems as non consequential and turns that into the old argument of:

“Literally nothing will ever make the NE players happy.”

Obviously its pretty ironic coming from a guy that maintains there was no problem to begin with.
In short he gaslights. Thats all he does. Day in, day out. For years!

“Your issues dont matter but mine do!”

8 Likes

In comes smallioz, lying: to the surprise of absolutely no one. I’ve never said losing a main city wasn’t a big deal. It just wasn’t in any way more important than lordaeron. Or three horde characters. Or losing the entire expansion.

4 Likes

Says he doesn’t say it was not a big deal.
Proceeds to explain why it wasn’t a big deal compared to whatever he cares about it.

So.

He didn’t get past two lines before doing exactly what I said he does. :rofl:

5 Likes

Compared to losing a city, three horde characters, and the entire expansion in the same expansion?

Yeah, cause losing one city doesn’t compare.

Please learn basic addition, smallioz.

Lmao. :dracthyr_hehe_animated: :dracthyr_hehe_animated: :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

1 Like

Again.

You are belittling other people’s concerns in comparison to your own concerns.
And you always try to get into arguments where the only topic of discussion is useless fighting.

Point is you do exactly as I described and you can’t deny it. Instead you are trying to once again begin a “debate” where we argue why X is more important than Y in our subjective opinions.
It’s sad and pathetic. Anyway I am going to go play Potionomics. This game is adorable. I love it so much.

5 Likes

You’re moving the goalpost from myallison’s “”“the alliance doesn’t get shown wins”"" (they do) to “teldrassil is equal to or more important than lordaeron, sylvanas, nathanos, saurfang, rastakhan, the entire war campaign, and both warfronts.”

You’re a pathological liar.

2 Likes

Dear class please pay attention to where Myalison posted the quotations mark.

In my experience liars tend to project their behavior.
But whatever continue your gas lighting, You are still behaving the same way you were like 4 years ago. I doubt any words I say would improve your behavior. Anyway back to my potions. I have a million gold debt to pay!

3 Likes

Well, the latest conversation certainly proved the title of this thread to be true. Only thing we can hope for is that the teldrassil/Seed story in DF is truly the end of it all so we can finally relax and move on

3 Likes